General > Installation issues

Installation file for Ubuntu 7.04?

(1/1)

stardyst:
I'm totally new to linux, and I have installed the 7.04 version. It was not until afterwards that I discovered that the linux mce only works on 6.10. Does anyone know when the installation file for 7.04 will be out.

I tried to follow some steps that I found here on the forum to make the 6.10 installation work on 7.04, but since I'm not particularly good at linux I couldn't make it work. If someone can tell me exactly what to do to work around this, I would appreciate it. Otherwise I'll just wait for the new installation file.

Juliet Smith:
The 7.04 installer will be out in a week or two, as far as I know.

27:
Will there be an installation file for 64 bit processors as well?

thynk:

--- Quote from: 27 on May 05, 2007, 02:20:30 am ---Will there be an installation file for 64 bit processors as well?

--- End quote ---

Since the packages would have to be ported from the 32bit to the 64bit platform, I'm guessing it will be a long time before we see support for 64bit kernels.  I'm hoping the next rev will play better with existing apps, i can live using the 32bit version if it doesn't try to take over the network in my house :-)

Stu

27:

--- Quote from: Juliet Smith on May 02, 2007, 09:11:57 am ---The 7.04 installer will be out in a week or two, as far as I know.

--- End quote ---

"in a week or two". I've come across that phrase a few times.
What is the source of that information? Is there a definite date set?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Sitemap 
Go to full version