Author Topic: "Use orbiter to continue" ???  (Read 3977 times)

Shiner_Man

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
"Use orbiter to continue" ???
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:56:11 pm »
I have successfully booted a media director from the core machine.  It boots up with no errors and gives the message "We have announced ourself to the core.  Please use a orbiter to continue."

I then installed pluto win orbiter on another machine on the network and also added an Onscreen Orbiter from the web admin page.

The pluto win orbiter loads and connects to the media director but I don't have any options.  All I have are menus on the bottom like:

Security, Lights, Media, etc.

Clicking on any of menus does not pull up any data.

The media director that I booted to is supposed to be used primarily as a pvr.  What do I have to do from here?

jerry finn

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: "Use orbiter to continue" ???
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 09:08:38 am »
You have to do the Setup Wizard and configure all your devices that you want to use, then they will appear on the menu.
You should be able to do this form the OnscreenOrbiter of that MD.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 09:20:06 am by jerry finn »

Shiner_Man

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 03:05:44 pm »
Well I guess that is the problem then because, as I said, the only thing that shows up on the OnScreen orbiter are menus at the bottom.

Provide

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 06:07:09 pm »
Well I guess that is the problem then because, as I said, the only thing that shows up on the OnScreen orbiter are menus at the bottom.

Try rebuilding the image. Go into Media Directors and look for a group of 4 green buttons stacked on top of themselves (Help, Advanced, Delete, Rebuild Image). Rebuild the image and quick reset the router. Try to boot the media director now.