Author Topic: SIP Camera Options  (Read 6075 times)

Garbui

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
SIP Camera Options
« on: August 31, 2018, 03:53:25 am »
Hi all,
A somewhat strange request perhaps, but looking for ideas. I have quite a few Grandstream 3611IR Hd cameras configured using the advanced cameras template all running fine. These cameras can also act as SIP endpoints, and I have them all registered working fine with asterix. The question for options/help is can I get them configured so that I can initiate a call through the 'speak' button in the camera view of orbiter or something similiar to allow a voice call to that camera so that I can both see the camera and be able to talk to that camera. Currently it is quite cumbersome to initiate the call through the telecom scenes (difficult sometimes as not all orbiter types show all camera phones) then reload the camera etc.

Thanks in advance
Garath

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: SIP Camera Options
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 07:00:59 pm »
I am pretty sure that this used to work, if you added the SIP phone as being in the same room as the camera. But a lot of stuff has been broken, so I am not sure if this is still the case.

Garbui

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: SIP Camera Options
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 04:26:52 am »
Thanks Posde, this is how i suspected it was originally intended to work. I will review my system to see if each phone is configured for the room as you have suggested and report back.

Thanks
Garath