Author Topic: Use a normal ubuntu as Orbiter/MD  (Read 4534 times)

marqo

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Use a normal ubuntu as Orbiter/MD
« on: April 27, 2007, 02:41:38 pm »
Hello,
I set up a core (non hybrid). I can access the admin pages and configure it. Now, I would like to set up an orbiter/md on a computer witch is runing ubuntu. I don't want to reboot it, only, sometimes, click an icon and obtain my "media center" on my running ubuntu. How can I do that ?

Thank you (and sorry for my bad english ;-) )
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 02:48:49 pm by marqo »

marqo

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: Use a normal ubuntu as Orbiter/MD
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 08:54:37 am »
Up...

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 11:48:45 am »
you can't do that. the only solution is to reboot the computer, enable network boot, and then to run the automatic setup.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

marqo

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 09:14:08 am »
ok. It could be a good feature. I'm working on my computer and want to hear one of my playlists stored in LinuxMCE...

Is there anothere way to do that ? Could I configure Amarok (or another player) to access the central music database ?

Thank you.

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 10:34:23 am »
To that, you might want to look at Softsqueeze...
I have not tried it myself, but since LinuxMCE suppport Squeezebox, this might work great :)

http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net/
"Softsqueeze is a music player for your PC that works with the Slimserver software. It complements the Squeezebox2, Squeezebox and Slimp3 hardware music players developed by Slim Devices. Softsqueeze supports synchronization with hardware players and remote streaming over the Internet using ssh tunneling. It has been developed in Java, allowing this useful application to work with Windows PCs, OS X and Linux systems."