Author Topic: pluto-ati drivers vs official fglrx ati drivers  (Read 4137 times)

thynk

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
pluto-ati drivers vs official fglrx ati drivers
« on: April 04, 2007, 08:24:18 am »
I have things installed on my HP zv6130 with an ATI xpress 200M video card.  UI1 runs fine and UI2 runs with some lag.  The default ubuntu ati drivers do not display the svga output on my tv correctly, it overscans badly (no settings on the tv correct this).  When I install the fglrx drivers, the display is exactly how it should be.  When LMCE is running, it's not using the system drivers as the overscan problem returns.

Is there a config option somewhere to say to use the installed system drivers as opposed to the ones installed during the install process?  Will removing the pluto-ati-drivers packages correct this or break things beyond repair?

thanks in advance.  If I can get the system running the display correctly, it will be worth the investment to beef up the ram from the somewhat anemic 512meg that's in there and max out the side port memory on the video card :-)

Stu

jerry finn

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: pluto-ati drivers vs official fglrx ati drivers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 01:11:30 pm »
try to overwrite xorg.conf.pluto with xorg.conf, this should make LinuxMCE use the official fglrx ati drivers.
you can find xorg.conf in /etc/X11/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 01:16:01 pm by jerry finn »

oshtpc

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
    • OShtpc
Re: pluto-ati drivers vs official fglrx ati drivers
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 11:57:03 pm »
I have always found that the latest ATI binary drivers work the best for me.  YMMV.

Brian
Brian Jefferys
oshtpc.com