General > Installation issues

after "lmce on boot" install, brings up tty1

(1/1)

thynk:
I did an clean install of ubuntu, installed the nvidia drivers, and finally got through a clean install on this box.  Since this generic GeForce 6500 doesn't work with the vesa drivers, I selected the option to boot into lmce instead of Ubuntu. 

On reboot, it goes through it's normal screen boot up, but where I would expect to see the LMCE startup, it drops to text and shows some processes starting up.  the page clears and says

--- Code: ---Starting up ...
Loading, please wait...
kinit: name_to_devt(/dev/disk/by-uuid/long_series_of_numbers_I'm_not_typing) = sda (8,5)
kinit: trying to resume from /dev/disk/by-uuid/same_series_above
kinit: No resume image, doing normal boot...

Ubuntu 7.04 dcerouter tty1
dcerouter login:
--- End code ---

Now - there were no errors in the x.org startup log and I was able to startx once from the command line and launch LMCE from the start menu - however it locked the computer up and on reboot I now get an error trying to launch

--- Code: ---(WW) NVIDIA: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:13:0) found
(EE) Failed to load module "wfb" (module does not exist, 0)
--- End code ---

The kernel with 6.10 doesn't see my network card or sound card however, the one with 7.04 works without a problem, I guess unless there is something to try, next round will be to fire up 6.10 and manually compile the alsa beta drivers by hand and put a PCI nic in. 

Stu

sharlee_angelo:

--- Quote from: thynk on April 25, 2007, 12:00:47 am ---
--- Code: ---(WW) NVIDIA: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:13:0) found
(EE) Failed to load module "wfb" (module does not exist, 0)
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

reinstall nvidia drivers to eliminate this message.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Sitemap 
Go to full version