Author Topic: after "lmce on boot" install, brings up tty1  (Read 3494 times)

thynk

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
after "lmce on boot" install, brings up tty1
« on: April 25, 2007, 12:00:47 am »
I did an clean install of ubuntu, installed the nvidia drivers, and finally got through a clean install on this box.  Since this generic GeForce 6500 doesn't work with the vesa drivers, I selected the option to boot into lmce instead of Ubuntu. 

On reboot, it goes through it's normal screen boot up, but where I would expect to see the LMCE startup, it drops to text and shows some processes starting up.  the page clears and says
Code: [Select]
Starting up ...
Loading, please wait...
kinit: name_to_devt(/dev/disk/by-uuid/long_series_of_numbers_I'm_not_typing) = sda (8,5)
kinit: trying to resume from /dev/disk/by-uuid/same_series_above
kinit: No resume image, doing normal boot...

Ubuntu 7.04 dcerouter tty1
dcerouter login:

Now - there were no errors in the x.org startup log and I was able to startx once from the command line and launch LMCE from the start menu - however it locked the computer up and on reboot I now get an error trying to launch

(WW) NVIDIA: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:13:0) found
(EE) Failed to load module "wfb" (module does not exist, 0)

The kernel with 6.10 doesn't see my network card or sound card however, the one with 7.04 works without a problem, I guess unless there is something to try, next round will be to fire up 6.10 and manually compile the alsa beta drivers by hand and put a PCI nic in. 

Stu

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: after "lmce on boot" install, brings up tty1
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 10:11:31 am »
(WW) NVIDIA: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:13:0) found
(EE) Failed to load module "wfb" (module does not exist, 0)

reinstall nvidia drivers to eliminate this message.
Read the F****** Logs!!!