Author Topic: Video Problems After Install  (Read 6191 times)

socommaker

• View Profile
Video Problems After Install
« on: April 23, 2007, 07:04:01 am »
Just finished the install.  Went through those green border screens and set everything up.  Seemed to work and then when I finished and went back to loading the MCE nothing came up.  I have tried re-installing it and choosing different resolutions, but still nothing readable after I finish with those green set up screens.  Any help would be nice.  At best I was able to get some white broken bars and then at the bottom a light purplish bar, but still unreadable.  Is there a way I can cycle through resolutions without having to re-install?

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Video Problems After Install
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:19:10 am »
yes, you can change the resolutions after the installation. go to web admin, then media directors. there you will have all the media directors in the house, including the hybrid and the corresponding resolutions.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

socommaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 04:57:42 pm »
Is Web admin accessible through Unbutu 6.10 or is it only available through the MCE?  Because I cant see MCE when it boots in there.

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 06:17:09 pm »
i think it is accessible from ubuntu too.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

socommaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 07:06:03 pm »
So then now my question is how to access web admin through Unbutu?  Any clues anyone?  Or maybe I should ask is there a safe video setting that is known to work with any monitor(TV) size?

rictec

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 02:16:19 am »
you can get to web admin from any pc on the inside network it doent need to be on the core itself

just http://IP_of_THE_Core

the default is maybe 192.168.80.1

Rictec

socommaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 03:49:51 am »
Great i got into the the Pluto web admin and have played around a bit in there, but call me a total newb to this ( well I really am ).  I can't seem to figure out how to change the resolution and refresh rates through it.  Any more help out there?

I acctually found something else in the Install Problems section and am going to try it out once i get back to the MCE box at home.  I will update this post if it works.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:59:04 am by socommaker »

Juliet Smith

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 09:30:15 am »
In the Web Admin, choose Media directors in the left side tree, under Devices. Then, you will see Video Settings and resolution (in the rights side), in the bottom, you will also have UI, if you want to switch to another UI too.