Author Topic: Absolutely Pathetic!  (Read 4380 times)

grindy

• View Profile
Absolutely Pathetic!
« on: April 22, 2007, 08:06:57 am »
Listen...i understand...this is a remake of a pluto distro for ubuntu with shiny bells and whistles on it... It doesn't work...it won't find all my media on an internal hard drive...myth tv is a myth....setup is archaic and very non intuitive...nothin works right...and i can't get pluto ati drivers to install because i fail a dependancy for pluto kernal update module! Maybe i try the actual pluto kick start cd...but then i'm no longer using ubuntu..i'm then onto debian...SHORT ANSWER!  This thing sux!  with a capital SUX!!  and it's got way too many modules to sit there and try to debug and figure out what is wrong...that's not my job...it's the linuxmce guys job...you know..the guy from the video!   So post replies to this...i just wanna see some opinions...this can't be a 1.0 release..i think they meant 0.1...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 06:44:00 pm by grindy »

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely Pathetic!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 01:40:21 pm »
have ever tried to tell your problems to support people? if not, we can't help you very much. there are problems, of course, but this is only the first release so it's not something very unusual. besides that, linuxmce being a fork of Pluto, it is tested with only some hardware components. that's why we need many volunteer developers, to test linuxmce with various hardware configurations.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

acematti

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 01:44:01 pm »
I would love to lend a hand if i could get it on my system.

Who do I contact about maybe giving some time to the project?

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 01:46:37 pm »
are you a programmer?
Read the F****** Logs!!!

grindy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 06:42:34 pm »
After many frustrating days and 12 install attempts, it finally took.  I can't get UI2 with masking to work on an ATI radeon 9600XT...pluto screams about not being able to find pluto-ati-drivers or vlc server/client software...but i got UI1 and i'm tryin to config it...doesn't seem to have remote codes for my ati remote wonder plus, but that shouldn't be to hard to add..but i am lost with my media...i have an internal 250gb sata drive (ntfs) and an external 120gb usb2 drive(fat32)...media director/core hybrid sees the drives, i see them in web config under other directory of /public/data/...ntfs3g installed and working...read and write permission on all drives but i can't find all my media in orbiter..some of it shows up, some doesn't.i chose to keep my directory structure on these drives..system boots to ubuntu first then mce...every attempt at makin this a dedicated mce machine failed...oh well..have new ati drivers installed with catalyst...works great...finally...most painless ati driver install yet..it's about time...my myth tv is still hosed tho...doesn't seem to connect to the database...runs config everytime i run front end.  i have a leadtek winfast tv 2000/xp and an ati hdtv wonder with remote wonder plus.  this is where i need the help...gettin all my media to show up on media director and gettin my remote and tv tuners workin...and UI2 with masking, no alpha...that just runs really poorly...very slow....UI1 is fine tho...runs great...sorry about my venting before..i'm just really excited and frustrated all at the same time...on a side note, i do hand solder all my own dc dimmer lighting kits and use tons of basic stamps for contollers so i can't wait to see what i can do with those..