Author Topic: Candidates for family groupware  (Read 4923 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Candidates for family groupware
« on: May 30, 2005, 02:44:40 pm »
Hi,

I devote a lot of attention to groupware systems that could be integrated into Pluto. Today, also family is little company to run, so I guess that light groupware (calendar,addressbook, todo lists, ...) is more than welcome in such system.

Currently I checked http://www.egroupware.org and it has made tremendous development. All datas are stored in mysql, and they have great web interface - particularly this one looks interesting:

http://www.idots2.org

I wonder if anyone else is thinking about candidates for groupware functionlity in Pluto and how to implement it...

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 07:49:32 pm »
Yeah, a web based front-end will make it very easy to integrate.  We'll want Asterisk to use the contact/phonebook.  at the moment we're storing them in LDAP.  Do you know if these work with LDAP too?  I don't think we're heavily commited to LDAP, since we haven't gotten far on teh asterisk integration yet.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 12:37:14 am »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
Yeah, a web based front-end will make it very easy to integrate.  We'll want Asterisk to use the contact/phonebook.  at the moment we're storing them in LDAP.  Do you know if these work with LDAP too?  I don't think we're heavily commited to LDAP, since we haven't gotten far on teh asterisk integration yet.

Well I guess it will work with LDAP :

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/egroupware-ldap

BTW, you mention asterisk developmetn - is anyone currently working on it - I discussed this a lot with Igors, but then he stopped working on it - is anyone working on it now? I could help with it...

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 09:04:59 am »
Vali (vali.g) is working on the integration with A.M.P.  This should help a lot.  We were using Asterisk's database configuration plugin, which doesn't seem very popular and isn't hardened and crashes a lot.  AMP uses the normal conf files, so this should make it more stable.

Dan.t is taking over the Asterisk coding.  This is still his first week, and he's starting part time while he finishes some prior committments.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 09:45:38 am »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
Vali (vali.g) is working on the integration with A.M.P.  This should help a lot.  We were using Asterisk's database configuration plugin, which doesn't seem very popular and isn't hardened and crashes a lot.  AMP uses the normal conf files, so this should make it more stable.

Dan.t is taking over the Asterisk coding.  This is still his first week, and he's starting part time while he finishes some prior committments.

Thanks for info,

if desired dan.t can contact me, maybe I can be of some help....
Who's new mythtv and xine guy ? Is his name also dan  :D  ?

Regards,

Rob.