Author Topic: Trouble logging in  (Read 51391 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Trouble logging in
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 07:06:04 pm »
That file is created by one of our packages (pluto-dcerouter) at install time. If you do a dpkg -l pluto-* which packages do you see? If you see a pluto-dcerouter package, notice the two letters at the left of that row. If they don't say "ii", it means something went wrong while installing it.

You can try to do a dpkg --configure -a and see what happens. If it gives any errors, plese tell me what they are.

Did you see any package installation errors at install time?

Did you get to the end of the installation process where the system reboots itself after pressing Enter?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Trouble logging in
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 07:43:21 pm »
The pluto-dcerouter package is not listed, the only package listed when running a dpkg -l pluto-d* is pluto-cdecommo, all the packages listed have the ii on the left.
The install did complete with few prompts about unavailable packages but did complete without any other errors

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Trouble logging in
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 08:24:47 pm »
Which packages did it say were unavailable?

Anyway, you should have a screenful of pluto packages, not just dcecommon.

One possibility is that apt-proxy, the software we use to cache all the debian packages that come from the Net, failed at some point while retrieving the listings. Did you see any "warning: could not get listing" messages? Still, the packages should have been drawn from our on-disk cache that the CD creates just before it reboots, unless you don't use the current version of the CD, in which case it will pull everything from the Net.

-- Edit --
In this case, choices are like this: you reattempt the installation; when you get a "package not available" or "package not found on any servers" error you go to a console and type "apt-get update" until none of the files fail. I'm still searching for a viable alternative/fix for this apt-proxy thing.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Trouble logging in
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 11:10:33 pm »
I reinstalled the core again.

The Kick Start version is 2.0.0.10
The following packages where unavailable:
libmyth-0.17
UpdateEntArea
Pluto-Kernel-Upgrade

Later he processing of the Pluto DCE Router package fails with errror:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  pluto-dcerouter: depends on pluto-kernel-upgrade but is not installable

The ploto-mythtv-plugin fails with same error because libmith-0.17 is missing

Is there a logfile I can upload to assist with the trobleshooting?

Regards

Einar

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Trouble logging in
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 12:58:10 am »
There are two log files in /var/log/pluto (Initial_Install.newlog and Initial_Install_trace.newlog), but what you said was good enough to know where to look. On of the repositories had two overlapping files (Packages and Packages.gz) of which one (Packages) was misplaced there (I don't even know how it got there since we only use Packages.gz). I removed that file and now things should work.

libmyth and UpdateEntArea shouldn't have failed

Please try again and if it fails again, you can send me the log files at this e-mail address: radu.c(at)plutohome.com (replace (at) with @) and I'll fix it, because this isn't normal. Thanks.