Author Topic: How to set all of certain tv show to have same picture  (Read 3961 times)

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
How to set all of certain tv show to have same picture
« on: June 21, 2008, 05:44:21 am »
In the older demo video of linuxmce, they show the guy setting a thumbnail for all the simpson tv shows.  So, when browsing channels with the gyroscopic remote, any time the simpsons are on, there is a tiny picture in that empty sqaure next to each show.  How can I do this?  Thanks

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: How to set all of certain tv show to have same picture
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 05:26:55 pm »
 :)
I recently discovered how to do this. It is mostly a 2 step process:

1. Find the image you want for the show, via Amazon.com or IMDB.com and save it to a local directory on the core. So you will need to do this from the web browser in the computing link on you core.

2. From the same browser open a tab or just use the existing window, fire up mythweb http://dcerouter/mythweb.
- click the top link for recording schedules
- click the desired TV show recording
- scroll to the bottom, and there you will see a box to add an image
- add the image you downloaded from the above step. I download mine into a directory under /home/public/data/pictures/show-icons

That's it, now the next time you go to record a show, you icon will be placed in the video menu .vs the Channel Icon.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:15:21 pm »
Wow thanks!  That the first time I've ever asked a question and had the answer given in 1 post without needing outside information!  Thanks!  We need more posters like you

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 02:37:49 pm »

Ummm - I tried this from a remote machine initially. The first image I added ABC::Lateline got associated to SBS::World News. I changed SBS::World News and it changed the ABC::Lateline image??? I also tried changing the SBS channel icon.

Now when using the TV Guide - EVERY show, not just the ones I tried to change (and the SBS channel) now has a Deep Purple icon from my music collection?!

I tried updating these via mythweb on the actual core again (using a local browse to directory) but no joy...

Anyone else noticed this bug? Have I missed something obvious?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:58:43 pm »
have you manually been futzing with the File, Attributes, or File_Attributes table? especially deleting rows?

if so,

live with it.

you've messed up the relations to the database.

When we can come up with a fix for it, we will.

-Thom

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 08:25:25 am »
Hey Thom,

Actually now that you mention it, some time ago I did do the following (which fixed my problem) to remove some duplicate UPNP files.. . See: http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=2656.0)

.....snip.....
SELECT Path from File WHERE Path LIKE '%upnp%';
did any match?

if so,
DELETE from File WHERE Path LIKE '%upnp%';

and that should get rid of them....

-Thom
Seems all threads lead back to your helpful advice  ;D

Do you think this may have caused a problem? To be honest - I don't really need/want the feature - just did it because I could.

Thanks,
Adriel.