Author Topic: Gyro Mouse vs 5 button mouse  (Read 4085 times)

Maniac0Maniac

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Gyro Mouse vs 5 button mouse
« on: April 22, 2007, 10:10:09 pm »
I have a 5 button mouse (7 if you include the scroll wheel), and I've been trying to map the buttons so that it works the same as the gyro mouse in the demo video. I basically have to be able to press F6 & F8 using the two side buttons on the mouse. I've configured xorg.conf and used xmodmap and imwheel to map F6 & F8 to these buttons, and it works perfectly in Ubuntu! The mouse button assignment is 1,2,3,4,5 (the normal buttons, including the scroll wheel), and 7 & 8 (for the side buttons).

I've changed the xorg.conf.pluto mouse setup to match, but for some reason it just won't work in MCE.
Anyone know what button assignments MCE uses to map the Gyro mouse? Any ideas how to get this setup working?

I'm sure there's loads of people trying to do this! If we can manage to get it going, I will try to get the instrustions posted in the FAQ.

k84

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Gyro Mouse vs 5 button mouse
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 02:03:45 am »
Just A WILD guess from the open,
but try to add a Gyro Airmouse device.

Go to the linuxmce admin page, login and select: Advanced, Configuration, Devices.
Under Core -> Generic PC as MD -> Onscreen orbiter  add a new device go cordless gc 1005,

(Look for the manufactor Gyration)

i had to do this manually for my GyroMouse, and since it wasnt detected AND the gyro mouse is a standard usb HID device, i GUESS that it should work fine with a 5button mouse.

Maniac0Maniac

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 07:41:35 pm »
Nope. That did not do it. Anything else?

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 11:44:46 am »
the gyro mouse button assignments are predefined and, from what i know they are hardcoded so it can be a little bit difficult to change the default setup. a solution could be to tale the sources, to look into them and change the assignments from there.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 01:51:49 pm »
i will write soon a wiki about how to map an exotic wireless mouse. ::)
Read the F****** Logs!!!