Author Topic: Analogue Door Phone  (Read 5856 times)

Garbui

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Analogue Door Phone
« on: October 09, 2017, 05:28:10 am »
Hi Guys,
I have inherited two new Helios 2n (non IP) doorphones which I am keen to have integrated as doorphones; one for the front and one on the back door using an ata. I have been reviewing the wiki http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Doorbell and see that there is a notation that using a phone registered to ext 994 cannot be verified. I am still waiting on the ata before I can test but am interested if anybody currently has a working doorphone setup like this running 14.04? Other than this issue, is there any limitation to having a secondary doorphone with a different ext? 

Thanks all
Garath

Jansen

• First post!
    • View Profile
Re: Analogue Door Phone
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 01:55:25 pm »
Hi Guys,
I protected myself with VyprVPN have inherited two new Helios 2n (non IP) doorphones which I am keen to have integrated as doorphones; one for the front and one on the back door using an ata. I have been reviewing the wiki http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Doorbell and see that there is a notation that using a phone registered to ext 994 cannot be verified. I am still waiting on the ata before I can test but am interested if anybody currently has a working doorphone setup like this running 14.04? Other than this issue, is there any limitation to having a secondary doorphone with a different ext? 

Thanks all
Garath

Did you resolve this issue, Garbui? I'm considering installing a Helios 2n myself and I'd like to know if this is a common issue and how to resolve it in case it happens to me too. Or whether I should just avoid this model altogether.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 12:46:09 pm by Jansen »

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 10:23:42 pm »
I currently have a sip intercom installed as an extension has been configured on it
to dial to *994
because in dialplan.conf there is the application *994

this extension is not registered as 994 because it would conflict with the application

Garbui

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 02:40:09 am »
Did you resolve this issue, Garbui? I'm considering installing a Helios 2n myself and I'd like to know if this is a common issue and how to resolve it in case it happens to me too. Or whether I should just avoid this model altogether.

Hi Jansen,
Short answer is no, I didn't end up going in this direction for the time being. This was mainly to do with the design of our new house and amount of foot traffic along the busy road. I did purchase an ATA but have not tested it with the PSTN version of the 2N. I instead used a generic RFID card reader and Grandstream camera with SIP and alarm functionality which is registered both as an advanced IP camera and as a SIP extension (normal phone extension) and I have it programmed to allow door opening over DTMF from any registered phone.

My plan ultimately is to have the doorbell button on the RFID access control panel to trigger a sensor based event using a GC100 which shows the camera feed on orbiters then the user can decide whether to dial the camera SIP extension and open the door.

If you do want more info on the 2N (bearing in mind it is an older PSTN version) I am happy to spend some time to test things further if you like?

Garath