Author Topic: TFTPD Error - PXE Boot failed  (Read 5555 times)

Garbui

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
TFTPD Error - PXE Boot failed
« on: February 25, 2018, 07:24:32 pm »
Hi guys
Despite having a function MD booting via pxe fine, ive syddenly started a TFTPD failure when connecting to pxe environment. I have rebuilt the md image and tried to restart the TFTPD daemon without luck. Any suggestions please?

Garath

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: TFTPD Error - PXE Boot failed
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 03:30:13 pm »
lets try it step by step. What Version are you running? What is the error you are receiving? Is your system up to date?
I remember having had tftpd Errors before, but those were related to a sizelimit for the bootimage in the previously used tftpd server

Garbui

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:25:22 am »
Thanks for jumping in Maverick. Consequently, after looking for software issues my router (as access point on LAN side) has died a few days later. I suspect this to be the culprit for my MD issue, but I had quite a few other devices on the netowrk exhibt bizarre behaviour. Including my two Cisco7970 (SCCP setup) which due to the TFTPD error I suspect where failing. They are on a seperate Cisco switch not connect physically to the WAP though. So I am at a loss as to what, other than the hardware failure caused the collapse. Having replaced the WAP the system has to returned to my previous normal.

For completeness I am running 14.04 from a netinstall close to a year old, but is up to date as of a week ago. I did check your post on sizelimit, this didn't see to have been my issue (at the time).

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 09:18:34 am »
Good to know. Thanks for the feedback.