Author Topic: Installation issue on VMWare (1404)  (Read 3761 times)

jgalak

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Installation issue on VMWare (1404)
« on: October 24, 2017, 01:46:08 am »
I'm trying to install LinuxMCE 1404 on a VM running under ESXI 6.0.  Doing a netinstall.  Kubuntu 14.04 installed cleanly, ran the net install, rebooted, now on the "Welcome to AV Wizard" screen.

Step 1 is "Resolution Settings".  No matter what I choose, once I hit "OK", the system reboots and comes back to the same screen.  I'm accessing the system via the VMWare console, using whatever the default VMWare settings are.  I've tried via the VMWare web client or via the vSphere client, results are the same.  Can't really use anything else as this seems to occur before I can try to connect an X11 session. 

I've tried various resolutions under VGA and VGA2, as well as HDMI, DVI, etc

Sometimes it just reboots, sometimes it give me the "click continue within 15 seconds to verify settings" screen, and then reboots after I click continue on that screen.  Regardless, it always reboots and dumps me right back in the same place.

Advice? 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:53:14 am by jgalak »

jgalak

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Installation issue on VMWare (1404)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 06:08:18 pm »
Interestingly, just hitting "Esc" several times seemed to do the trick.  It got out of the resolution wizard and put me into the setup wizard.  The graphics on the console were terrible, with lots of things overlapping, but I got it to a point where things worked.  Now to get X11 forwarded so I can stop using console....

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Installation issue on VMWare (1404)
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 09:23:49 pm »
If the resolution wizard didn't compete properly then resolution settings will not be set for that system.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk