Author Topic: RoamingORB iOS 11  (Read 10432 times)

pointman87

• Guru
    • View Profile
RoamingORB iOS 11
« on: June 18, 2017, 05:15:40 pm »
Hi, as some of you know iOS 10.3 is the last iOS running 32bit apps. Starting with iOS 11 only 64bit apps will run. The current RoamingORB is 32bit. Does someone plan to update it? Who have the source code for it?

BR Daniel

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: RoamingORB iOS 11
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 11:24:12 pm »
All qOrbiter sources are in the regular git repository.

Unfortunately, creating an iOS app is a bit more complicated than just building it. The process to get it into the store for general consumption is not easy, especially for an app like qOrbiter which needs, for testing and evaluation purposes, a running LinuxMCE system.

golgoj4 is the creator and master of everything qOrbiter related. He might chime in.

pointman87

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 12:26:04 am »
Im talking about the old proxy orbiter app http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/RoamingOrb
Our family have been using it since 2010 on our iPads and iPhones.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 02:49:24 pm »
oh. Sorry for not reading correct.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 07:19:51 pm »
ouch, that does suck
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 12:07:29 am »
I am trying to find a solution. I am using Roaming Orb on my iPad as well, and even though it no longer is my favourite orbiter (which is now the Joggler), it is still very much in use. But I rarely upgrade iOS versions....

Do the new iOS version do not allow already installed 32bit apps? It was my understanding that you are still able to use them, but won't be able to install them in the future.

pointman87

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 10:22:35 am »
As far as i understand 32bit cant run on iOS 11. The jump to 64bit seems as simple as a recompile in xcode. The person that first published it on appstore should have the source. If said person doesnt want to publish a 2.0 maybe someone else with an active dev.account could do it? The problem for me personally is the 100 bucks to publish one free app. Otherwise with the source and some sponsorship from the community (or charge a buck or so) i would gladly do it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:24:22 am by pointman87 »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 01:41:28 pm »
Hello all,

Dianemo graciously donated the source code of the iOS Roaming Orbiter to the LinuxMCE project.

Uplink did all the work talking to Dianemo and getting the source code to. It is, as of 5 minutes ago, available via git from

git@git.linuxmce.org:linuxmce/roamingorbiterios.git

or

https://git.linuxmce.org/linuxmce/roamingorbiterios

Thanks Radu for getting us the code, and for all the work you have done for the project. We wouldn't be where we are now without your help.

Best regards from (currently) Appomattox, VA.

Peer Oliver Schmidt
LinuxMCE Release Manager

cafedumonde

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 01:47:57 am »

Three questions:

1) How do I install on an iPad? Do I need to compile the download from github to get a .dmg or other binary file?

2) Will the release from Dianemo also rin on an old iPod Touch?

3) Does the RoamingOrb previously available from the app store still work? It does not seem to be in the app store any longer. Reference: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/RoamingOrb

Thanks,

CDM

Aarontraum

• View Profile
RoamingORB iOS 11
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 02:03:53 pm »
Looks like, in new VS 2015 will be include Xamarine. Android will be available, i dont know about iOS.

See Vs 2015 preview for more information

cafedumonde

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 12:22:05 am »

I am bumping my post from 2017. The Dianemo ios orbiter is still up on github but I have no clue how to build or install on my old ipad. guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CDM