Author Topic: Problem with switching OS on MD  (Read 3776 times)

S4Howie

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Problem with switching OS on MD
« on: February 18, 2017, 12:38:42 am »
I have 1 MD using with an internal HDD and Windows 10 on it,so far it was never a problem to switch between the MD or Windows 10. The MD is configurated to boot over Network and when its up and running,you hit the Start as OS on Harddrive Button in Orbiter Power Section and the MD restarts but the PXE Bootfile it gets from the Core then lets it jump over Network Boot and boots up from Harddrive the Windows 10. If u want to switch back u hit the Boot as MD Button in an Orbiter.Then restart your Windows and the MD comes back again cause now the PXE Bootfile let it boot over Network again. But here is the problem the MD stays in 1 Mode until u switch and in some of the last updates i cant tell which one exact im sry the Boot up as MD Button is not shown anymore in all Orbiters at my setup 14.04 latest updates.
Can someone help,would be nice to have my MD boot up again,it is the 1 im using most in my living room and now its stuck in Windows10 mode.

Thanks Howie

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Problem with switching OS on MD
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:58:17 pm »
Change the relevant file manually. This is how a good file looks:

Code: [Select]
dcerouter_112602:/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg# cat 01-6c-62-6d-e6-15-1d
DEFAULT LinuxMCE
LABEL LinuxMCE
KERNEL 298/vmlinuz
APPEND initrd=298/initrd.img ramdisk=10240 rw root=/dev/nfs boot=nfs nfsroot=192.168.80.1:/usr/pluto/diskless/298,intr,nolock,udp,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,retrans=10,timeo=50 

Of course, replace the mac address in the filename with the mac address of your MD, and the 298 with a ID of your MD.

Oh, and please open an issue in http://git.linuxmce.org about this.

S4Howie

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 04:19:59 pm »
Thank you posde,i was very busy last days,but finaly i could get my MD back up running,with your help.

As for the Gitlab thing,I am not really familiar with that,never used it befor. The link you provide ask me for Username/password.
But there is no sign up Button just sign in. I was going then to the Gitlab site and made a useracc there,but it wont let me log in with that
Username on the LinuxMCE Git. I dont know further now. How to get a proper Username?

Howie
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:29:43 pm by S4Howie »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 05:13:00 pm »
Send a PM to polly.