Author Topic: Web Content  (Read 3234 times)

d3vice

• View Profile
Web Content
« on: March 02, 2008, 08:28:51 pm »
Hi!

I usually watch video/podcasts and streaming audio/video. For video/podcasts I use Miro (www.getmiro.com) and for streaming I use shoutcast.

Is it possible to integrate both funcionalities (I don't know if it's possible to wrap these two software in LinuxMCE's UI)?

Talking about content, how does LinuxMCE distinguish an ogg audio file from an ogg video file? I tried to open some video ogg files and LinuxMCE plays them as audio, no picture.

Best regards!

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Web Content
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 10:14:02 pm »
Been meaning to post a mantis about Internet Radio for some time - used to use this on my LinkTheatre all the time. The streaming capability would be the basis of a more general streaming functionality, so I have just posted the mantis now as a feature request for Internet Radio/TV. I believe there are several apps out there that can do this based on xine, so it looks like the basics are already there, just some UI screens, a new media type and scenario need to be added to trigger the right commands...

Hopefully they will be interested in the idea and take it up as I miss not being able to just hit my favourite radio stations and not think about it!

As for your second question, no idea - I assume that LMCE only supports ogg as audio and ignores the other multiplexed stream of video...

d3vice

• View Profile
Re: Web Content
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 10:52:54 pm »
Thanks for posting this bug/feature in mantis.