Author Topic: What is compatible with LMCE?  (Read 4317 times)

Vytron21

• View Profile
What is compatible with LMCE?
« on: June 17, 2016, 06:38:16 pm »
     Hello, its your favorite newbie here again! so I am not having much luck navigating the wiki, is there anywhere else this is all written down? I hate to have to bother you guys all of the time with these questions. Anywho, todays question is, what security systems are compatible with LMCE? I have a cheap one i got from china installed right now, it just sounds an alarm when ever doors or windows are opened when armed. pretty sure its not compatible with LMCE, but what systems are?

Also, I am currently using a closed circuit camera system to watch the outside of my house, is there any way to just port the video into LMCE so i could see it from work if the alarm were to go off? no big deal if not, I can run that through another system it would just be nice to have it all in one place.

And finally, sort of on an off topic, the website shows gaming using MAME as a built in feature of LMCE, is it built into the 14.04 edition?

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: What is compatible with LMCE?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 09:00:52 am »
Mhm.  The security system would need a driver to interface with LinuxMCE, very few have that at the moment.  If you have information on the software interface then you could certainly attempt to create a device for it.  We can provide support/help to create a template for it but you'd have to do the 'heavy lifting' portions of it.

MAME is not supported in any installation at the moment.  MAME code has altered, and lmce code experimentation was happening....  so long story short: there is currently no built in MAME support on any version of LMCE.  If you'd like to pick up MAME dev we'd be happy to have contributions.  :)

J.

Vytron21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 06:33:23 pm »
Thank you for the fast reply. Can I have the names of the ones that have drivers already? And also the ones that work for lighting and thermostat control please.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 10:03:15 pm »
That I cannot provide as I do not have a list.  Let's see what I can find:

Security:
Apex Destiny 6000
GE Interlogix
Power5020
VistaICM
ZWave
... any other that someone creates a driver for

Lighting:
DMX
ZWave
KNX
Hue

Climate:
1-wire
KNX
ZWave
RadioThermostat
AprilAire

Those are just the ones *I* know of, not necessarily comprehensive list.

J.

Vytron21

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 12:20:53 am »
Perfect, that is plenty to be getting along with, thank you. I will get to work on these then!

Again, thanks for answering my questions so quickly!

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 02:45:39 pm »
I am the engineer for the Game Player, and I want to apologise for the temporary removal of the Game Player from LinuxMCE.

The Game Player, as it stood in LinuxMCE, had a few flaws:

* imprecise control of the target emulation, due to needing to synthesize X events, and all of the insane synchronization issues that arise from this.
* Huge amounts of metadata were downloaded when the plugin was installed on the core

I was in the middle of writing solutions to address these problems, when the code was accidentally prematurely pushed to the main source code repository in the master branch, which left the code in a very unusable state.

Life has since intervened (most recently, my wife was involved in a car accident), so my priorities are shifted, for the moment.

I intend to address these issues, once we've gotten the bug list for the rest of the system down to a manageable amount. The Game Player will come back, it's my baby, but it needs some serious engineering elbow grease to make it better.

-Thom

Vytron21

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 05:55:17 pm »
Thanks, and I hope everything goes well with your wife. I was just curios.

To continue with my never ending questions, I have one more I Think, then I will be good.

How does zWave Interface with LMCE? does it have an ethernet connection? does it go on Wi-Fi? or is there a module or some sort that connect to the computer via USB? Sorry, I just don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 07:35:58 pm »
Most people use a USB Z-Wave dongle.