Author Topic: Insteon EZ Flora 8 zone sprinkler control  (Read 7647 times)

ggmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Insteon EZ Flora 8 zone sprinkler control
« on: April 26, 2016, 06:36:48 am »
Has anyone integrated the EZ Flora 8 zone control?

http://www.smarthome.com/smartenit-insteon-ezflora-8-zone-sprinkler-controller.html

I've been able to add the device following the wiki on Insteon devices, and it looks as though MCE sees it, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the individual zones active.

Not sure if i need to create child devices off of the main controller, or if there is another procedure for this.

ata-lmce

• View Profile
Re: Insteon EZ Flora 8 zone sprinkler control
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 02:49:34 pm »
I am using that device for my sprinklers(Older branded one by simplehomenet, but looks like it is exact same with same commands). I use the INSTEON SERIAL MODEM INTERFACE(2412S) controller with the Insteon PLM #1932 device template. I noticed there was no support for that device in that template. So I updated that template and also I created a child template for the device itself. If you use that #1932 device, I can send you my template. I did kind of over haul the template to fit my needs better and support more insteon devices. But at least you can check it out to see if it will help you. I set it up to be able to start\stop programs or valves.

ggmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 03:17:32 pm »
That would be terrific, thanks for the reply, any advice on how to get the template into my system would also be appreciated,
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:15:09 pm by ggmce »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 08:55:11 pm »
ata-lmce,

[..]So I updated that template and also I created a child template for the device itself. If you use that #1932 device, I can send you my template. I did kind of over haul the template to fit my needs better and support more insteon devices. But at least you can check it out to see if it will help you. I set it up to be able to start\stop programs or valves.

Would you mind contacting polly for a git login so that you could add your code to git for others to look at it.

Thanks.

ata-lmce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 02:33:22 pm »
Yeah, not a problem on getting it up to git for them to look at. I will clean it up a bit today as I was playing around with some other stuff in there that is not production ready.

ggmce, let me know if you want it before that, so you can get on it right away as sprinkler season is upon us. I can send you mysql scripts to import it in to your system if you would like.

ggmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 05:32:46 am »
I would like to try it out if that's OK, not sure how long it would take to get the final version. Also, any notes on how to get it in the system would be appreciated

ata-lmce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 05:35:47 pm »
Just to be clear, this is for Insteon PLM device template #1932 which is different than the Insteon PLM DCE(ID 2103 on my system) device template which includes the Insteon Plug In package. The only changes for template #1932 was the ruby code.  Where as #2103 would need the c++ src code change which I did not take on, so for this I would not need the git account for, to my knowledge, but correct me if I am wrong on that, please. Is sqlCVS a better approach to submit that for review?

The easiest way for you to update the template yourself through the webadmin page. If you go to Advanced>Configuration>Device Templates, then type in the device template id 1932 in the bottom field and hit go, then after that you click "Pick Device Template", then in window that comes up, click Edit Ruby Codes.

In there you can copy and paste the code into the correct fields which I will attach here hopefully today. I have decided to finish up the response portion that I was working on since you motivated me to get back on it. 

ggmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 11:17:45 pm »
I'm using the Insteon USB PLM to control all my lights

http://www.smarthome.com/powerlinc-modem-insteon-2413u-usb-interface-dual-band.html

If I understand this correctly, you built a modification to the template for this item to run the EZ Flora?

I can handle putting in the template and copying and pasting the code.

Thanks again for your help with this,

ata-lmce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 03:40:21 pm »
I attached all the files in a zip. Just open the files with any text editor and update your Insteon PLM device template.

To use the the EZflora part of it, if it does not auto detect it. Add device 'Standard Irrigation Controller' and add the insteon id to it. Then from there, to use it, the 'On' Command takes 2 parameters, #98, set to 'V' for a valve or 'P' for program. Then #97 set to the valve or program that you wish to start(Valve: 1-8, Program: 1-4). The Command 'Set Delay' you can use which sets the timers for programs but the parameters must be in the hex format. The parameter #102 is as follows to 2 digit program #, then 2 digits for each of the 8 zones. So 001E1E1E1E1E1E1E1E will set the first program to 30 minutes each zone. The rest works as expected with Next and Pervious.

Let me know if you need anything changed or if it broke anything with your setup.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:15:40 pm by ata-lmce »

ggmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 07:07:42 pm »
I tried it out, copy and pasted into the Ruby Codes using the "extended Editor" and then pasting the text in. I rebooted but it didn't work, so I tried copying the original ruby codes back in that I from the wiki, but I can't get it working again, one thing that looked very different was 788 Status Report...not sure if there is a more direct way to get back to the code that was working...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:18:36 pm by ggmce »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 12:00:15 am »
Whenever I play with GSDs I love sqlCVS revert. In web admin go to sqlCVS diff. select the DCE repo and let it diff. You will see a bunch of stuff that you have changed locally. Select the stuff you want to revert, and click revert at the bottom. Et Voila!

hth

ggmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 06:05:46 am »
Posde; thanks for the post, I tried, but this is above my pay grade, I'm not sure what I'm doing in there, so I will have to keep poking around,

ata-lmce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 01:52:29 pm »
If you are able to get me the logs I can help diagnose where it went wrong on your system. I do not have all the different devices to test with. I was most worried about the thermostat, as there was a lot of code in there for that and I do not have one of those. I tried keeping most of the old code in there to fall back on. What version of LMCE are you using? I have this running on 12.04.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 04:49:48 pm »
[..]but this is above my pay grade, I'm not sure what I'm doing in there, so

web admin - Advanced/sqlCVS/Diff

Select DCE Repo

look for everything that's related to the DT ID of the controller, mark and click on revert at the bottom. That way, you get the original stuff back.

ggmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 05:20:32 am »
I've got to get this working again before I leave town, I tried restoring from a backup before I made any changes and it hasn't worked even after deleting the PLM.

If anyone can get help me out with this I would be willing to pay as I need to get my lights working again before I leave town,