Author Topic: Media not appearing 14.04 on Second hard drive.  (Read 3455 times)

theteju

• Guru
    • View Profile
Media not appearing 14.04 on Second hard drive.
« on: April 04, 2016, 06:30:55 am »
Hey guys,

I am on 14.04. After installing my Hybrid Core. I added my media drive to the system. upon reboot the system detected the drive. It basically gave me three choices on the screen.
1. ) use linuxmce file structure.
2.) make everything public
3.) choose the user for the content to use.

I originally had the linuxmce file structure on my media drive since it has only two directories "public" and "user_1". however the message scared me so I selected to make everything public as I have contents on the drive.

I understand that if I have a lot of stuffs on the drive it would take time to populate the media. However after waiting so long I still dont have anything populated.

I think, contents are only exist on drive not in database. Also, the drive is mounted as "Other" instead of to Public directory.

Please take a look at the screenshot and I hope it would make more sense.

What should I do? Is it permission issue?
Is it possible to use the drive use as linuxmce file structure, without loosing any contents? in otherwords, is there a go back?

Please advice.
Thanks.

theteju

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Media not appearing 14.04 on Second hard drive.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 07:13:44 am »
NeverMind Guys. I used the resyncronize Button for one of the Song album folder and files for that folder got populated.

I think I just would use that button for all directories.

Thanks again.

theteju

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 10:24:29 pm »
Update: 

I think the issue is there there.
my Media driver is mounted under following location.
/home/public/data/other/931.51 GB (sda1) WDC_WD10EADS- [35]/public/data/

in that data folder I have videos, pictures and audio directories with all the media in respectively.
All my videos got populated on Orbiter
All my Songs got populated on Orbiter,
But none of my pictures shows up. I checked attributes to all folders and assigned attribute "Linuxmce Pictures" they all appears on database now as I can see "check sign" under webadmin But they aren't populated on the orbiter. I do not know what else to do.

I added some pictures in /home/publice/data/pictures (on the main hard drive where system is installed ) and they immediately showed up on the orbiter.

This is really frustrating. :o I honestly did not want my media drive to be mounted under /home/public/data/other to begin with because my drive that contains media is already has "Linuxmce directory structure." however the message on the orbiter scared me out when I added the drive so I chose to make everything public, so it got mounted as "other". I knew something would go wrong.
Is there any way I can revert this back?

If not what should I do to get my pictures populated?

I hope I am explaining my case properly.

Thank you. Teju.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 11:30:40 pm »
Never had to do something like that, but I would

* Change the setting for the drive in web admin form public to use LinuxMCE structure.
* Reboot the system
* wait a bit (or press resync)

Report back your findings.

theteju

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 03:11:11 am »
Never had to do something like that, but I would

* Change the setting for the drive in web admin form public to use LinuxMCE structure.
* Reboot the system
* wait a bit (or press resync)

Report back your findings.

You Sir, is truely LMCE God !
The hard drive is now properly mounted after reboot. doing Resync and things seem to fall in place. Thank you very much.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 06:47:06 am »
Thanks for the feedback, and good to see that stuff works like it is suppose to.