Author Topic: ZWN-BPC z-wave 360 PIR motion sensor  (Read 8782 times)

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
ZWN-BPC z-wave 360 PIR motion sensor
« on: March 27, 2016, 02:02:55 pm »
Dear All,

Im trying to get this zwave motion sensor to work but no luck so far.  I am able to add it to the network without any issues.
It gets detected as a generic sensor.  First try was to delete it and use the same port detected and add it again as Device Template #54, following this  procedure http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Express_Controls_EZmotion_%28HSM_100%29, still I believe the template might now be correct.

Here Is what I have:
LMCE 1404
zstick gen5

What is on advance zwave:
Unknown: id=011a

Unknown: type=0601, id=0901

I will continue searching on data online to see if I'm able to get it to work and continue posting as I Go.
Ill probably start adding more post for more test that are on the queue, the will be the same subject form but different device.  Next coming up is (WA105DBZ Z-wave sounder, KWIKSET z-wave lock)

Cheers,
T

theteju

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: ZWN-BPC z-wave 360 PIR motion sensor
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 02:25:18 am »
Can you please provide update on your experience. I am planning to go for z-wave stick gen5 route and probably add some dimmer switches and more.

I am also on 14.04 install.

Thanks.

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 02:05:10 am »
Can you please provide update on your experience. I am planning to go for z-wave stick gen5 route and probably add some dimmer switches and more.

I am also on 14.04 install.

Thanks.
Hi Theteju,
No much luck so far due to I cant find detail documentation on the ZWN-BPC.  I would like to know which "# number" does what so I can make a new device.

If you go the 14.04 and zstick Gen5 you will be ok.
I have up and running.
4 leviton vrcs2-mrz , Many dimmers and single switches, 1 3way configuration etc, etc. 
Total of 25 zway switches.

If any one have a hint on how to make a new device.. Im all ears.

T

theteju

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 02:53:51 am »
Tompin2

you may wanna print this out.

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Make_a_DCE_Device_in_5_minutes

also,

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Creating_a_Device_Template_for_a_Remote_that_uses_the_kernel_input_subsystem This may not directly apply to our case but gives good idea how to make a device plug in play,, in this case ,, I believe we want to make a device template that is plug in play.

hope that helps,,

RayBe

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:08:11 am »
Hi Tompin2,

I have also been struggling with the motion part of my HSM100.
I did also follow de wiki you mentioned, to the letter.
What helped me, with 1 sensor is to exclude and re-include the sensor again and repeat the steps mentioned in the wiki. I had to do that several times.
Now one of my 2 motion sensors work, the other one i am still playing with.
Hope this helps.

br,
Raymond

When you were born, you were crying and everybody else was laughing.
Live your life so when you die, you are laughing and everybody else is crying.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 09:19:21 am »
[..]http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Make_a_DCE_Device_in_5_minutes
[..]http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Creating_a_Device_Template_for_a_Remote_that_uses_the_kernel_input_subsystem

both are irrelevant afaict. This is a new *ZWave* device. It must be known to our ZWave stack, as LinuxMCE already knows about motion detectors. If I were in your shoes, I would create an issue on git.linuxmce.org make a note of all the information you have, and assign it to sambuca.

RayBe

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 03:45:45 pm »
Ok, i got the motion sensor of my HSM100 sensor working.
This is what i had to do:

First i deleted the Motion Detector #54 DT, that i added, from the tree.
Then i did a reload and added the Motion Detector #54 DT again.
After this, i did another reload, this one is not mentioned in the wiki, but as far as i can tell at the moment, this is the one thats important, because as far as i know, when doing a reload, all DT's and child DT's get properly read again.
After this i did a sudo killall ZWave to restart the ZWave device.
Then i opened the Advanced ZWave page in webadmin, looked up the device and opened its Associations tab.
I had to set a association from the group motion to the controller node 1, this was not done automatically.
This is necessary, because only when set, the controller gets motion events.

Did another reload and a bit of rule #1 and voila, everything in working order.
Hope this helps you too,

br,
Raymond

EDIT: i updated the wiki with the above info.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 04:15:08 pm by RayBe »
When you were born, you were crying and everybody else was laughing.
Live your life so when you die, you are laughing and everybody else is crying.

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 02:00:15 pm »
both are irrelevant afaict. This is a new *ZWave* device. It must be known to our ZWave stack, as LinuxMCE already knows about motion detectors. If I were in your shoes, I would create an issue on git.linuxmce.org make a note of all the information you have, and assign it to sambuca.
Thanks Posde!  How can I sign in to the git site, is it the same as this forum?  I may have to create more issues to more unknown Zwave devices like the KWIKSET lock, already got one, first alert smoke carbon monoxide alarm and a zwave sounder WA105BDZ.

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 02:58:00 pm »
Ok, i got the motion sensor of my HSM100 sensor working.
This is what i had to do:

First i deleted the Motion Detector #54 DT, that i added, from the tree.
Then i did a reload and added the Motion Detector #54 DT again.
After this, i did another reload, this one is not mentioned in the wiki, but as far as i can tell at the moment, this is the one thats important, because as far as i know, when doing a reload, all DT's and child DT's get properly read again.
After this i did a sudo killall ZWave to restart the ZWave device.
Then i opened the Advanced ZWave page in webadmin, looked up the device and opened its Associations tab.
I had to set a association from the group motion to the controller node 1, this was not done automatically.
This is necessary, because only when set, the controller gets motion events.

Did another reload and a bit of rule #1 and voila, everything in working order.
Hope this helps you too,

br,
Raymond

EDIT: i updated the wiki with the above info.

Thanks Raymond,  I would like to help to make this devices PNP so it is more easy for non guru as me to get more out of LMCE for less effort.  In the mean time I might give it a try  8)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 05:08:05 pm »
For signing into git, send a message to polly with your desired username and email address.

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 05:43:29 am »
For signing into git, send a message to polly with your desired username and email address.
Thanks for the info, Ill work on that an keep all posted.

Cheers,
T

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 05:59:58 pm »
Hi Posde, I have created the issue (mistakenly I created a project  :-X), but now that finally understanding a little bit better the git interface, i´m unable to assign it to sambuca, I guess ill assign it to me for now.
Regards,
T

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 09:19:51 pm »
Ok guys,

Issue created within GIT, assigned to sambuca.
Sambuca, please let me know on anything you need to help you out.

T

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 03:34:10 am »
Hi to all,
Im doing a follow up on this.  The git way did not went anywhere :o.. but here is something.
I get some information from the sensor.  At least it does measures the battery level ok (it last like a week!), I have to figure out how to change something so it wont drain the battery.  The strange thing is that it stays on sensor triggered.. It never changes to anything else!.. So that is that!... Ill try to continue testing and updating, maybe one day zwave code gets better and it gets solved by itself hahahahaha..  keep all posted.

Cheers,
T