Author Topic: qorbiter and TV-Shows  (Read 3659 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
qorbiter and TV-Shows
« on: February 24, 2016, 05:15:10 pm »
Hello guys, I am having a little trouble making sense of how qorbiter handles TV-Shows.
Lets say I have a number of different TV-Shows with multiple seasons. The I put them in the filesystem is by having a folder that names the Show and then subfolders with the respective seasons (i.e. Season1, Season2...)
All in all no problem. I have also tagged those shows with there Episodes properly. With the onscreen orbiter I would go to sort them after filenames and navigate to the show>season>episode and select the episode I'd like to watch.
With qorbiter I go to video>TVshows and then I am presented with a number of buttons pertaining to the shows, however each season bears the name of the show and nothing else. So I have to guess, which one is the season I want to watch, trusting the sort order is ascending.
I have tried changing the view with the help of attribute, but I think I'm missing something.
What is your experience so far?

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: qorbiter and TV-Shows
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 07:17:34 pm »
My experience is that there is no Filename sort provided by qOrbiter and having television shows in the list creates a massive mess.  I am unable to use qOrbiter for choosing media.

J.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 08:08:15 pm »
iOrbiter uses a mix. When you select Video / Program - it shows a master selector, ie. NCIS:LA - selecting that will give you a list of all files with that tag sorted by filename with the filename displayed. Works for me.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 08:14:51 pm »
posde, anyway of doing that for non-Apple devices?  I for one will never have one.

J.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 11:11:43 pm »
It just uses the i* metapher and some of the UI ideas of the first iPods. Works just fine on any modern browser.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 12:22:36 am »
oh... I had no idea that was a thing.  Sneaky.   ;)

J.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 12:05:00 pm »
I've started a new git project under LinuxMCE https://git.linuxmce.org/linuxmce/iOrbiter.git - needs the JSON plugin to support now playing correct.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 09:27:22 pm »
thank the person who decided they knew what users wanted without asking anyone...nothing to do with qorbiter.

*writing the meta-data scanner
*spending endless hours fucking up and people yelling at you
*finally get some measure of correctness, and some decisions were made to manipulate (read:combine) the fields coming back to the datagrid. HINT: it wasnt ME!

Why was it done? Because  Because THEY wanted something to look a certain way in old orbiter. Instead of bothering to fix the root problem.

Still pissed. I have about 20 different series and they all look like crap because of this choice.
good day.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:55:51 am by golgoj4 »
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 01:10:25 pm »
I have about 20 different series and they all look like crap because of this choice.
good day.

I don't have as many, but I feel your pain on the few that I have as regular videos. The only way that I have managed to easily work this out on the regular Orbiter is by using Option / Search / and typing the season and episode numbers.. ie. s03e1 and scroll from there.

Not nice.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 03:26:42 pm »
What change was this?  I don't even list my TV shows in LMCE because of how messed everything becomes.  I'm all for reversing any changes that caused issues!

J.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 03:43:47 pm »
Checked in addition of 'Browse By File' last night. waiting for new build.

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.