Author Topic: Unable to ssh to my pi  (Read 3880 times)

CentralMedia

• Guru
    • View Profile
Unable to ssh to my pi
« on: January 25, 2016, 01:40:25 am »
Finally got around to creating an MD on one of my pi today, version 2. I assumed all went well, but seem to be unable to ssh to the MD, tried the following see below. Not sure what password it looking for and the key required.

dcerouter_1046790:/var/log/pluto# ssh moon47 -c aes128-ctr
Enter passphrase for key '/usr/pluto/keys/id_dsa_pluto':
root@moon47's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
root@moon47's password:
root@moon47's password:
Permission denied (publickey,password).

Thanks in advance, this currently is my only MD.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to ssh to my pi
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 01:43:29 pm »
You can try name: pi, pwd: ubuntu.

CentralMedia

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 12:21:06 am »
Unfortunately no luck, still similar error. Also tried logging on directly, doing ctl+alt+f2, entering the username and password, denied

dcerouter_1046790:~# ssh pi@moon47 -c aes128-ctr
pi@moon47's password:
pi@moon47's password:
pi@moon47's password:
Permission denied (publickey,password).

bluewolf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 01:50:46 am »
Have you tried the default user for the RPI2: username is pi with the password being raspberry.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 01:59:22 am »
The rpi2 md sd does not use the raspberrypi foundation defaults at all.  I'd have to look at the scripts but the username is either pi or rpi and the password in ubuntu.

J.

CentralMedia

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 01:49:00 am »
It's rpi, that worked

Got the following, not sure if this is an issue

Could not chdir to home directory /home/rpi: No such file or directory

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 07:07:40 pm »
Excellent.  That error is really a non-issue, it means I don't create the home directory for the rpi user.  We don't use the user for anything except emergency access so I'm not concerned about that.

What does concern me is that you were unable to ssh.  One of the very first things that is done is the ssh keys are setup so you can access the moonpi.  I'd be interested to hear about any other issues you encounter so I might track down why and make the process more reliable if possible.

Thanks for testing!

J.

CentralMedia

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 01:36:53 am »
I was having some issues where, it would play some of my files but not some. Those files it did not play, played in KODI running on another PI2.

I assumed it may have been an artifact from when I built it, the process stuck at "mythtv spawning to fast, stopped", where the screen only flashed; left it for 3 hrs like that. Had to do a hard restart for it to booth up and head to Sarah.

I decided to rebuild the MD again, deleted it in the web admin and did over the process.

Will let you know how that goes

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 05:32:35 am »
I was having some issues where, it would play some of my files but not some. Those files it did not play, played in KODI running on another PI2.

Have you purchased any codecs?  Keep in mind a couple of things, omxplayer has specific limitations on the material that it can play and it does not play anything outside of that.  Kodi makes use of an omx interface but is able to fall back to other methods of playback for incompatible files.  omxplayer cannot do that.  LinuxMCE is capable of that behaviour but currently only based on file extensions, not file contents (codecs, etc).

I assumed it may have been an artifact from when I built it, the process stuck at "mythtv spawning to fast, stopped", where the screen only flashed; left it for 3 hrs like that. Had to do a hard restart for it to booth up and head to Sarah.

Mhm.  The non-integration of mythtv on the rpi.  I'll see what I can do about disabling the mythtv stuff on the rpi2 again.  I was working on an omx version of mythtv compatible with 0.27.5 but I'm unable to continue on that.  0.28 will apparently have some omx capabilities built in.  Perhaps this fall/winter, after myth has made their release, there may be an opportunity to do that.  We really need someone that uses mythtv to work on the integration as it has changed so much since 0810/1004.

Thanks for testing!

J.