Author Topic: installer wont launch  (Read 2064 times)

android6011

installer wont launch
« on: April 08, 2007, 01:37:53 am »
I have ubuntu server 6.10 installed with kde desktop. originally I tried to run the installer, but it wouldnt launch because of a problem in my xorg.conf I had to fix (something with a wacom driver) Now when i try to run it nothing happens, no errors, no sign of anything happening, my computer just sits there. whats up with that?

Want2UseMCE

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: installer wont launch
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 04:03:46 am »
Did you download the ISO from the Mirrors page at newbielink:http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/Mirrors [nonactive] ?  Did you also burn the ISO to CD and leave it in the drive?

android6011

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 06:24:45 pm »
yes

thynk

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 03:08:51 pm »
It's possible since Ubuntu uses the gnome interface by default, that there are some gnomish bits that the installer looks for and dies when it can't find it.  Try switching over to the gnome interface and see if it fires off. 

I believe it drops logs in /var/log - you might find clues in there look for pluto related files :-)

HTH

Stu

Websteria

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 04:26:23 pm »
I have the same problem when I Try to install from an NX Session. It appears the installer will only install on the root consle under X, not NXServer. Any way around this?

Bean

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 05:35:08 am »
I'm having the same thing happen...Is there a fix for this issue? Could someone post precise instructions for what I need to do...?!?!!?

tia!

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 04:32:07 pm »
look for mce-installer.log in /var/log and post the message.
Read the F****** Logs!!!