Author Topic: Nvidia driver update  (Read 2547 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Nvidia driver update
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:38:22 pm »
After today's update I let my me start with avwizard with the hope it would install Nigeria drivers. However I went into an endless bootloop.
Now, koffel suggested in the irc to circumvent nvidiainstall.sh to get nvidia-current installed. This might be a temporary fix, but in the long run, it would not do.
What can I do to make this better?

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Nvidia driver update
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 02:06:58 am »
It needs to be determined what the root cause of the issue is.  Then it can be fixed :)  Grab me in irc and I can try to work through it with you.  I cannot duplicate it here on my nvidia system.  There is also only one way that the scripts would try to install nouveau drivers and that is if this line in Utils.sh:
Code: [Select]
online=$(ping -c 2 google.com)
cannot reach google.com and determines you are not 'online' during the driver setup phase.

J.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:10:16 am by phenigma »

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:47:24 pm »
 I rebuilt  the image of the me and updated it. Upon starting the avwizard, I selected UI with overlay and tried the test...nothing happened, no cube, no fire. I completed the wizard and oribter generation ended with a black screen.
Something seems incomplete with the nvidia drivers then.
I will try to catch you in irc.

By the way since the last update my phones don't register anymore at all....

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 04:12:03 pm »
Cube and Fire?  We have that?  heh.  I'd forgotten about that.  When you say 'last update' can you be more specific about the svn revision on the packages that you installed, it's hard to determine what may have affected things otherwise.  With luck I'll be available later today.

J.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 04:48:20 pm »
okay by the last update, I referred to Update 31547

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 11:46:11 pm »
:) thank you.  I think we got the issues sorted out with nvidia and I've put the changes into svn now.  Thanks again for testing and helping out it's really appreciated!

J.