Author Topic: RPI MD installation issues  (Read 2111 times)

RickTheGeek

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
RPI MD installation issues
« on: October 15, 2015, 02:05:29 am »
Hi!

I'm trying to set up a Raspberry PI 2 as a MD. I downloaded the Jessie SD image and installed it on the SD card, and when I booted it, it started the initial setup ok. The RPI announced itself, and my orbiter on my computer asked me if I was going to use it. Once I clicked OK, the RPI rebooted and began its setup process.

This is where it failed

When the RPI rebooted, it worked through the initialization process, but it failed with a bunch of MySQL errors saying access was denied for root@192.168.80.132. It then stopped completely.

Trying the Trusty image seemed to get to the point where it was downloading and installing packages, but, after it installed a bunch of packages, the screen went blank, and that's where it is now. Pressing keys on the keyboard does not bring the display back.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to getting it to work?

-Rick

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: RPI MD installation issues
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 02:52:39 am »
Hi Rick!

What is the date of the jessie image that you used?  It sounds like the /usr/pluto/bin/Disked_Setup.sh script did not execute on your core when the MD was created.  You can try running that manually on your core and then booting the pi again.  This *should* have happened automatically.

Don't bother with the trusty image unless you're looking to do development, there's no video capabilities there atm.

J.

RickTheGeek

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 06:30:31 pm »
I used 2015-10-14, which is the one available for download on the LMCE Wiki...

I will re-load the Jessie image and see if it works when I run Disked_setup.sh. When do I run that? Can I run it now and it will work when the Pi is reinstalled, or do i have to run it after First Boot?

(I am still new at LMCE!)

-Rick

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 06:56:01 pm »
There's lots to learn about LMCE!  We'll try to help where we can.  Also keep in mind that the rpi stuff is still under development.  Although I have 3 in my production system now.

First make sure your core is up to date (apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade).  Then run the script on the core before you attempt to boot the rpi again, it *should* grant all the permissions for the databases.  If you boot afterwards and still have the same issue then I'd suggest meeting me in irc to some real-time troubleshooting.

J.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:27:45 pm by phenigma »