Archive > MythTV Plugin Users

Using mythtv & lirc and choosing main GUI on MD ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

archived:
Sorry, I didn't even see the date.  There's another guy who monitors the forums and normally ensures no post is more than 24 hours without a reply.  It shouldn't have happened....

Anyway, what you're seeing with the remote is completely unrelated to what we're doing.  It's a different program/driver altogether, as far as I can tell.  The lirc we use doesn't simulate the mouse--it uses a different mechanism.  So what you're seeing is some sort of a mouse driver.  With our LIRC, the mouse pointer is unaffected.

archived:

--- Quote from: "aaron.b" ---Sorry, I didn't even see the date.  There's another guy who monitors the forums and normally ensures no post is more than 24 hours without a reply.  It shouldn't have happened....

Anyway, what you're seeing with the remote is completely unrelated to what we're doing.  It's a different program/driver altogether, as far as I can tell.  The lirc we use doesn't simulate the mouse--it uses a different mechanism.  So what you're seeing is some sort of a mouse driver.  With our LIRC, the mouse pointer is unaffected.
--- End quote ---

Hi,

I got my lirc to work (I have sent Radu details). I did more things (yet have to narrow down what brought working state) :
- I removed ati_remote module (simulates mouse over X)
- I remove lirc_atiusb (I've read somewhere like don't let lirc to start on boot ???)
- I reloaded lirc_atiusb module started lircd by hand and irrecord to record buttons - and it started to work... I had to rerecord all keys cause supplied lircd.conf for ati had much different settings that didn't work...

- now IRW shows all buttons I press (if I hold it counts from 0,1,2,...) so everything looks normal now...

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived:
Hi,

I've just installed pluto, and it looks great so far. I've got a Niveus remote, which I understand should be similar to the ATi RW. Could someone please guide through what is needed to get this one working (connected using a small usb rf receiver)

I also have a Anir Multimedia Magic remote with a serial IR-receiver. It is listed as a lirc-device at lirc.org, but can't find it in the list of remotes in plutoadmin. How do I go about getting this to work?

kind regards
Tor Helge Huse

archived:
in pluto admin, wizard, devices, media directors.  choose the lirc driver as the 'i/r receiver' and then add the model of the remote

archived:
As the topics says, I can't choose a LIRC driver as the i/r receiver as I cannot find it in the list. The only mention of LIRC in the list is tira(lirc), and I don't have a tira.

regards
Tor Helge

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version