Author Topic: Raspberry pi 2 installation  (Read 10973 times)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Raspberry pi 2 installation
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 07:21:52 pm »
Thanks!  Feel free to jump into IRC freenode #linuxmce

J.

nelsito

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 12:02:09 pm »
Hi,

sorry to disturb, I'm trying to install rpi2:

jessie does't boot (25-10-15)
wheezy and ubuntu end up in a login that no password seem to work.
can somebody help?
thanks
Nelsito

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 04:36:37 pm »
The jessie image has successfully been installed by a few users at the moment.  The other images are old or for those who are testing/developing.

Can you be more specific than "doesn't boot" ?

J.

nelsito

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 11:15:32 am »
Hi Phenigma,
with jessie when I boot the card with rpi2 it stops with this error:

ERR: interactor has not yet created ' /etc/Disked_DeviceID' .
# FIRSTBOOT NOT COMPLETE, CANNOT CONTINUE LOADING LINUXMCE.cat: /etc/pluto/Disked_DevData: No such file or directory
IP: 192.168.1.151 mac b5:27:eb:29:59:de; Gateway: 192.168.1.254; DeviceData: armv7l|9|0|7|22|262| jessie|209|Raspbian|; DT/endor:rpi_b;Command: select
connect: Connection times out

with the other images it boots to a login but I don't know the password.

I have intalled 12.04 Hybrid, DHCP
I am new to Linux and MCE so thanks in advance for your help.

regards
Nelsito

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 10:28:07 pm »
ERR: interactor has not yet created ' /etc/Disked_DeviceID' .
# FIRSTBOOT NOT COMPLETE, CANNOT CONTINUE LOADING LINUXMCE.cat: /etc/pluto/Disked_DevData: No such file or directory
IP: 192.168.1.151 mac b5:27:eb:29:59:de; Gateway: 192.168.1.254; DeviceData: armv7l|9|0|7|22|262| jessie|209|Raspbian|; DT/endor:rpi_b;Command: select
connect: Connection times out

Welcome to LinuxMCE!!

Based on the IP address and Gateway it appears that you are trying to boot the rpi on the external network rather than the internal network.  Make sure that your rpi is connected to the internal network of lmce or it will not be able to connect to the core.

Jason

nelsito

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 04:47:57 pm »
Hi phenigma,
I changed the rpi to be inside internal network, but still could not install.
first try, it booted and announced to mce, I chose template as MD, and it created template. the router was reloaded, and the pi booted again but didn´t finish install. I repeted the proccess a lot of times but no success. deleted the template as md, to start fresh, but it never showed up again in router as md to choose. showed twice as a windows share, that i ignored.
I have now 14.04, and updated just before the last try, still no joy.
it stops responding and last lines:
1     12/12/15 12:40:04         SetupAudioVideo (server)      Starting
1     12/12/15 12:40:04         SetupAudioVideo (server)      '
1     12/12/15 12:40:04         SetupAudioVideo (server)      DBSetting:  Reboot:   Script Path:  /usr/pluto/bin/
[ ok ] Setting Coredump Location: /usr/pluto/bin/corefile.sh.
[ ok ] Configure Device Changes: /usr/pluto/bin/Config_Device_Changes.sh.
[ ok ] Starting LinuxMCE Launch Manager: /usr/pluto/bin/LaunchManagerDaemon.sh.
[ ok ] Enable Wake-on-LAN: /usr/pluto/bin/enable_wol.sh.
[ ok ] Configuring Pluto Storage Devices: /usr/pluto/bin/StorageDevices_Setup.sh.
[ ok ] Starting Status Radar: /usr/pluto/bin/StorageDevices_StatusRadar.sh.
[ ok ] Reporting Machine Status: /usr/pluto/bin/Report_Machine_Status.sh.
[   993.667753] init: smbd main process (511) killed by TERM signal
[ 1055.567997] init: smbd main precess (14223) killed by TERM signal

and stops there...

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 02:10:27 pm »
That is odd.  Many people have been successful and my latest test was flawless.  I'm at a loss at the moment as to what could be interfering on your system.

J.

nelsito

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 08:53:15 pm »
Hi phenigma,
do you think it can be the ethernet switch. i'm using an HP procurve 2500PWR, I think it acquires an IP.

well what I did was disconnect every other equipment from the switch, and leave only the pi, and did a new card, and booted. it ends like this:
[ ok ] Setting Coredump Location: /usr/pluto/bin/corefile.sh.
[ ok ] Configure Device Changes: /usr/pluto/bin/Config_Device_Changes.sh.
[ ok ] Starting LinuxMCE Launch Manager: /usr/pluto/bin/LaunchManagerDaemon.sh.
[ ok ] Enable Wake-on-LAN: /usr/pluto/bin/enable_wol.sh.
[ ok ] Configuring Pluto Storage Devices: /usr/pluto/bin/StorageDevices_Setup.sh.
[ ok ] Starting Status Radar: /usr/pluto/bin/StorageDevices_StatusRadar.sh.
[ ok ] Reporting Machine Status: /usr/pluto/bin/Report_Machine_Status.sh.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'192.168.80.3' (using password: NO)
[   993.667753] init: smbd main process (511) killed by TERM signal
[ 1055.567997] init: smbd main process (14223) killed by TERM signal

I rebooted the pi a few times and also reloaded the router.

The very first time I tried the core acquired the pi and prompted a choice for MD or qMD or squeezebox, but now it doesn't even if I try everything from scratch (new card and delete all devices in core)

thanks
cheers

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 09:00:04 pm »
Not your switch.  You've identified where the issue is though :)

Code: [Select]
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'192.168.80.3' (using password: NO)

This line here means that database access has not been granted for this media director.  That should happen automatically in Disked_Setup.sh on the core when the MD is first announced to the router.  Something must have failed there, or that's my primary theory atm.

On the core try running:
Code: [Select]
/usr/pluto/bin/Diskless_Setup.sh
/usr/pluto/bin/Disked_Setup.sh

and see if any errors pop up.

Now though...  check in webadmin Advanced->Configuration->Unknown Devices and see if the Pi's MAC address is in there.  Remove it from that list if it is and it'll start showing back up again.

It looks like *almost* everything has gone perfectly.

I hope that helps.

J.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 01:27:16 am by phenigma »

nelsito

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2015, 09:56:32 am »
Hi phenigma,
I think I might have identified the problem. My core has only one NIC,so I'm using a USB adapter for second card, that I think is badly configured. I'm no expert but, I had the onboard nic conected to adsl router and the usb nic as internal nic, and three devices conected to the switch (the rpi i was Trying to boot into LMCE, a VU Zero receiver, and a hummingboard running openelec).Both the humming board and the VU zero got internet through the Core. So I assumed everything was ok with the usb card. I even reinstalled the core...

Like this, the core assumes IP 192.168.1.172 from my adsl router.
if I change the cable, connect the adsl router to the usb nic, I still get internet, but going to webadmin network config, it shows an ip that is not in my adsl router range (169.128.8.69), and the core identifies other devices that run in the adsl router network (PC, cable box, etc.)

so I'M thinking the USb nic doesn't show the correct IP adress and when the pi boots second time is doesn't find the core.
I'd Like to knoe 2 thingd if you can help. First is if to boot pi as MD do I have to have Internet on the core, or can I just update the core and then use the on board nic as eth1, and boot the MD.?

and if I chage the onboard nic to eth1 and the usb to eth0, if it is badly configured but still has internet is that a problem?

don´t mind of other devices because this core is only for testing purposes, so I can test before I use it in me home setup.
I'd like to know if you think this might really be the problem, and about the changes to do, or if there is another way.
Thanks
NM

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 02:08:48 pm »
If you change your internet around from one nic to the other you should use the "Swap Devices" button in the webadmin config for the network.

It is best if you have internet during the rpi setup/installation but, to my recollection, it is not required to boot it.

I hope that helps.

J.

nelsito

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2015, 02:26:31 am »
well...the usb to ethernet that i have just doesn't work with LMCE. I checked compatible but the gembird nic-U1 is not available anymore. so I have a wireless adapter from asus i think works with LMCE (wl-167g), and i'd like to use it as my external nic. the probles is I've searched a lot in the forum and didin't find nothing that shows how to choose the network, and wireless password from within webadmin.
do you know any such post please rederect me, or if you can just tell me where to go.
thanks
NM

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2015, 10:08:45 am »
atm there is no direct support for wireless network adapters inside the LinuxMCE UI