Author Topic: Integration of streaming sites?  (Read 22153 times)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Integration of streaming sites?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 09:10:45 am »
Hi to all, it has been a while... but just to do a little follow up on this, this was the route im using for more than a year.  I added chrome as new computing app also kodi.  Not using Kodi much to be honest, but Netflix I´m using it, well,  My wife and kids! are using it everyday.  I just need a bit more computing power on that MD in order to have better navigation (ZOTAC MAG) navigates bit slow netflix website but once the streaming starts, all is ok.  Navigation is done by wireless keyboard and mouse.  The onscreen keyboard is useless.

Cheers,
T
Wow!  Great stuff honestly I haven't tried Netflix this way and take should!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Integration of streaming sites?
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 12:24:03 am »
You can go that route. You will have whatever interface the application uses that you start, plus the ability to use the "mouse" control via Orbiter.

What would be nicer would be a real device template, which would talk to kodi's XML interface, send commands from buttons on your Orbiter remote. But that is much more work.

i have the code in a qt application i wrote im willing to hand over. But in being honest, i dont have time to really put into developing it fully.
It talks to kodi / xbmc over their http/json interface.

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.