General > Users

LinuxMCE Rpi2 alpha testing

(1/3) > >>

phenigma:
Hey all,

I wanted to let you all know that Rpi2 development has been speeding along as quickly as possible.  We now have Rpi2 MDs booting in LinuxMCE on 1204 and 1404 cores.  We currently use UI1 but we are still working towards a qOrbiter based MD as well.

Our Rpi2 solution is built completely on Ubuntu Trusty ARMHF so we support almost everything that standard i386 LinuxMCE supports, the exception is some newer game emulators and diskless MDs.  Video, Audio, Games (up to PS1 emulation should be possible but not yet tested), HDMI-CEC control should all be working.

Because we build for Rpi2 on Ubuntu Trusty rather than Raspbian Wheezy we support all ARMv7 cpu instructions, which permits faster execution of many applications than the Raspbian equivalents.  We also support newer libraries for many common functions like audio and video decoding than the Raspbian equivalents permit.

Please follow instructions at http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/RaspberryPi#RPi2_Disked_Media_Director

Please file tickets if you encounter issues (somewhat expected at the moment), join us in IRC to talk one-on-one or respond here for any issues you may have.

Happy LMCEing!

J.

G.I.R.:
Hello,

thanks for all the work! Using a raspberry as a media director is a great possibility.

I finally got one myself (Raspberry pi model 2 B)  and i installed Linuxmce according to the wiki.

I used the recommended raspbian image.

The installation went smooth. I can see the the UI1 and the screen saver works.

But i cannot play a video or an audio track.

I only get a black screen with a mouse cursor if i want to play a video.

I sshd into the raspberry and copied a file to the local sdcard.
Playing it manually with the omxplayer seems to work.

I looked at the processes when playing it per orbiter and i saw two omxplayer.

--- Code: ---root@raspbian:~# ps aux | grep player
root 14893 0.3 0.2 2756 2348 pts/9 S+ 17:22 0:00 /bin/bash /usr/bin/omxplayer -ohdmi -r --no-keys -l00:00:00 /home/public/data/videos/0,00 TB (sda1) ST2000DM001-1CH [31]/TV/Film.mp4
root 14903 1.0 0.8 81208 7596 pts/9 Dl+ 17:22 0:00 /usr/bin/omxplayer.bin -ohdmi -r --no-keys -l00:00:00 /home/public/data/videos/0,00 TB (sda1) ST2000DM001-1CH [31]/TV/Film.mp4
root 15063 0.0 0.0 1984 456 pts/12 S+ 17:22 0:00 grep player
--- End code ---

First i thought that maybe my sdcard or network is to slow. But now i don`t think this is the problem.

I choosed MD when asked, not qMD. Was that all right?

I tried also with the ubuntu image, but i couldnot play video/audio either and switched to the raspbian.

I am using Linuxmce 12.04. I think the version is: 2.0.0.46.15060130767 (shown in the Loginscreen of the webmin)
I did a dist-upgrade yesterday on the core and tried one on the raspberry but it only wanted to update one package, so i didn`t update.

Is there something i did wrong?

Again thanks for the effort. That would be the perfect MD!

p.s. will vdr (client) be possible with the ubuntu version? I think i saw the TV button on the UI1....

Marie.O:
A small note re VDR: People have VDR running on rpis so I do not see why it shouldn't work on the MD. The TV button on the Orbiter is autogenerated and does not indicate that it will work :)

phenigma:
I don't think you have done anything wrong but you are only the 2nd person to install on an rpi2 ;) (that I am aware of)

2 omxplayers is normal, notice one is omxplayer and the other is omxplayer.bin

VDR may become usable, I don't really see why it couldn't be.  Big issue will be HD playback as VDR does not use OMX and I wouldn't expect any HD content to play through VDR itself.  We haven't done any testing in this regards.

When you tried the Film.mp4 file from the command line did you use the same command line arguments that lmce launches omxplayer with?  If not what was different.

Can you manually access your library files through /home/data/....   on the rpi2?

J.

Marie.O:
VDR can play HD content on rpi1, IF you have the appropriate decoder licences (iirc a couple of dollars will get you a number for the kernel boot line).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version