Author Topic: id3-tags  (Read 3122 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
id3-tags
« on: January 24, 2015, 09:21:15 pm »
Just this last two days I've been tagging videos- mostly tvshows- and now I was adding some files...checking in the folders, I did not see a single id3 file, even though everything was properly tagged. So I was wondering, if this is standard now, or another bug? I know that when moving those files via webadmin, that id3 files will be created.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: id3-tags
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 10:41:15 pm »
Did you disable the UpdateMedia daemon?

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 11:35:34 pm »
Not that I am aware of....in short- no.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 04:12:55 pm »
I check /usr/pluto/bin/UpdateMediaDaemonControl.sh and it said the updatemedia was stopped....I started it again, but still no id3 files showing up...even rebooted the core

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 04:43:03 pm »
Now that UpdateMedia daemon is running, did you try re-editing the file, and see if the ID3 file gets created?

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 06:48:03 pm »
ok, hitting resynchronise does the job and creates id3-tags....I don't know if thats a bug with updatemedia, but also when I put new files, it seems they never get added to the database on its own.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 09:16:30 pm »
Make sure UpdateMedia daemon is running. And remember that it takes a long time. If you move a file to a local disc on the core, it /should/ automatically be scanned right away. On a remote disk, it will need to wait for the next cycle.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 06:54:27 pm »
Just today I put some new movies..discs are all located in the core, checked updatemedia, which was reported as stopped. So I enabled it and waited half a day. Nothing so far...do you think it would take longer? By the way, so that I understand, after starting core, how long does updatemedia run, or what triggers it?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 10:59:59 pm »
UpdateMedia should run constantly. When a change to the local disc happens, UpdateMedia receives an inotify, reads the newly created file for information, updates the database, and creates/updates the id3 information. Either in the file itself, if the file format allows for, for example a mp3 file, or as an extra id3 file.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 10:41:41 am »
So, that means, something might be wrong on my system....since updatemedia doesn't seem to get going on its own.
Perhaps a permission issue. The disks in my core have been in use since 8.10. After installation of 12.04, I had some problems accessing with my credentials. Could you tell me, what the correct ownership and permissions are?
thanks

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 08:01:30 pm »
As UpdateMedia runs as root, there shouldn't be any issues. Make sure UpdateMedia runs upon restart of the system. And remember that UpdateMedia ONLY works on changes when it is running. Otherwise, it must re-scan the whole dir