Author Topic: Xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard  (Read 6512 times)

Annon

• View Profile
Xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard
« on: March 24, 2007, 01:45:47 pm »
So I have my Xorg.conf file set by atitool so that I have my tv-out working (no monitor connected). I copied Xorg.conf over Xorg.conf.pluto and Xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard, and that got the loading screen working, but avwizard is still screwed up.

It seems that it creates a new xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard while starting up which overwrites my changes.

Is there any way to prevent it changing xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard?

Annon

• View Profile
Re: Xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 02:10:43 pm »
Well I worked around this....  I ssh'd in and copied my xorg.conf file over xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard right before it started the xserver. You'll have to do this again after you select the resolution, but after that it seems to be smooth sailing.

I'm "Rendering Screens" right now.

webpaul1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 05:11:37 am »
You could also just ignore a/v wizard, and set the xorg.conf file manually.  To do this add: AVWizardDone = 1   to /etc/pluto.conf.  Then AV Wizard won't run again and won't touch your .conf file afaik.

Then in the admin web site, go to advanced, config, devices, choose core, the core/hybrid, on-screen orbiter and update the PK_Size and Screen Width / Height values to match whatever resolution you forced in.

fdawg4l

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 03:08:06 am »
I did that (manually configure xorg.conf) and MCE did come up in 1080i.  But, the issue is now that Orbiter looks like its 640x480 and its stuffed in the upper right corner of the screen.  I made sure to update PK_Size to "1080p or 1080i", and I updated Screen Width and Screen Height accordingly.

I can't read any of the Orbiter text because at 640x480, the text is too small to decipher.  Is there some way to increase the size of the orbiter via the admin site?

F

fdawg4l

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 03:25:20 am »
i meant left.  not right.

webpaul1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 06:45:29 am »
in the pluto admin site, check both the size/width/height settings for the orbiter, adn for the parent device of the orbiter (the md or hybrid), and then try a full regen of that orbiter (wizard/devices/orbiter).

fdawg4l

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 06:40:19 am »
Thank you so much!  That worked great!