Author Topic: 12.04 Asterisk Inbound Call Problem  (Read 2457 times)

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
12.04 Asterisk Inbound Call Problem
« on: December 07, 2014, 11:51:56 pm »
I managed to get outbound calls working fairly easily by setting up my VOIP account and adding phones in webadmin.

Inbound was a problem as I was getting a "no authority found" error. The only way I discovered to fix it was to abandon the realtime mysql-based iax.conf config and switch instead to a flat-file. Also it was more than a matter of simply porting the lines from the database to the flat file as the mysql configuration was simply wrong. There is no automatically generated

Code: [Select]
[##########]
type=user
context=from-trunk-##########

section in the database (where ########## is my phone number) which apparently is required.

In summary, everything seems to be working now after doing:

1. comment out the line "iax.conf => mysql,general,ast_config" in /etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf
2. move everything from the mysql table for iax.conf to an actual iax.conf file in /etc/asterisk
3. add the code section above to the iax.conf file
4. reload asterisk

Obviously this is a band-aid solution, but it has things going for the time being.

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: 12.04 Asterisk Inbound Call Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 12:28:34 am »
Here's a related post I made back in 2012 about the real-time problem, that's yet to receive any replies:

http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81336&p=204809&sid=b8f4ee6220dae15c8bdbbcd7a4867799#p204809

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: 12.04 Asterisk Inbound Call Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 02:18:05 am »
I got it working with realtime (i.e mysql version of the config). I had been including square brackets around the section name as is done in the flat file, but realtime expects there to be no such brackets.

Will file a ticket to have LMCE automagically add the necessary user section when an IAX2 trunk is added.