General > Marketplace

Support Added for CEC control of HDMI Switches from LinuxMCE & Dianemo

(1/2) > >>

totallymaxed:
We've announced support for CEC control of HDMI Switches for LinuxMCE & Dianemo;

See here;
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=8880.msg100507#msg100507

All the best

Andy

phenigma:
Andrew,

I would like to point out that you are not advertising truthfully about the product.  Your CEC devices do not work with LinuxMCE unless the user creates their own driver in LinuxMCE for it.  It is my opinion that it is poor form to claim compatibility when there is none.

Jason

totallymaxed:

--- Quote from: phenigma on November 21, 2014, 02:39:01 pm ---Andrew,

I would like to point out that you are not advertising truthfully about the product.  Your CEC devices do not work with LinuxMCE unless the user creates their own driver in LinuxMCE for it.  It is my opinion that it is poor form to claim compatibility when there is none.

Jason

--- End quote ---

I clearly state that currently LinuxMCE users need to create a simple GSD device to interface to our CEC control firmware for Raspberry Pi - see http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=8880.msg100457#msg100457

Our Rest based API is easy to create a template for and In fact several LinuxMCE customers have already written basic device templates themselves and have those working now. I also have a device template in development that I will make freely available to the community shortly that can either be used as is or can of course be enhanced by anyone who cares to do so.

All the best

Andy

phenigma:
Hi Andrew,

When you do release a Device Template it will then be LinuxMCE compatible.  I appreciate that the rest interface may be easy for *some* people to create an interface for, the fact remains the device is not compatible until the user creates their own Device Template, as they would have to do for every other incompatible device in existence.  By your logic it could be said that all devices are compatible with LinuxMCE (of course that is if the user creates their own Device Template.)

"Support Added for CEC control of HDMI Switches from LinuxMCE" <- this simply is not true at the current time.

Thank you for clarifying your intentions to eventually make the device compatible with LinuxMCE.

Jason

totallymaxed:
Hi Jason,

I make it very clear to LinuxMCE users that they will need to create a simple GSD device before they can use any of our HDMI-CEC firmware in my main post about the software. There is no confusion on this AT ALL.

I have been participating and contributing in this forum, the wiki and LinuxMCE generally since the first day LinuxMCE existed and before that was very active in the Pluto forums and its development community too. CHT of course has also contributed large amounts of time, effort and software to LinuxMCE over that period too. So I would hope everyone here knows of me and understands they can place trust in me.

If anyone who has purchased any of my HDMI-CEC enabled software feels they were not aware of the need to create a small
GSD before they purchased a license then they can contact me and I will give them a full refund.

All the best

Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version