General > Users

RF remote, gyration replacement

(1/2) > >>

Esperanto:
Anyone already found a proper and affordable replacement for the gyration remotes? My last one is dying and I like to have a comparable replacement. I have a Mele F10 which is not getting close to the gyration in opens and feel.
I also sow the ones below but maybe someone already found a very good solution.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-EA-01A-RF2-4GHz-Wireless-Air-Mouse-IR-Remote-for-PC-Android-TV-New-in-Box-/231193802972?pt=US_Remote_Controls_Pointers&hash=item35d43978dc
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINIX-NEO-A2-2-4G-Wireless-Voice-Air-Mouse-Keyboard-Remote-Control-PC-Notebook-/390890769802?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item5b02e7cd8a

theteju:
I have used Logitech Mini for years with Linuxmce. Great little device. Looks cool and does the job well.

Esperanto:

--- Quote from: theteju on October 27, 2014, 04:37:37 am ---I have used Logitech Mini for years with Linuxmce. Great little device. Looks cool and does the job well.

--- End quote ---

That seems a bit overpriced and over featured. Especially compared to an md price for a rpi ;-). I ordered the first one which is only $14 and will see if it does a better job then the Mele F10

any more suggestions welcome

RayBe:

--- Quote from: Esperanto on October 28, 2014, 07:51:13 am ---That seems a bit overpriced and over featured. Especially compared to an md price for a rpi ;-). I ordered the first one which is only $14 and will see if it does a better job then the Mele F10

any more suggestions welcome

--- End quote ---

If its for a RaspberryPi based MD, why don't you try the latest CEC control that phenigma and tschak implemented?

br,
Raymond

Esperanto:

--- Quote from: RayBe on October 28, 2014, 01:06:29 pm ---If its for a RaspberryPi based MD, why don't you try the latest CEC control that phenigma and tschak implemented?

--- End quote ---

That remark was more to specify the pricepoint. Also then you lack the airmouse. However for that setup with a tv that supports it it is probably the best and easiest solution. I try to find the best remote price quality wise for lmce instead of just fixing my own situation. I noticed that while having a joggler, android tablet and phone at hand the airmouse (gyration remote) is still the device mostly used; its flexible regarding location but always at hand, almost always charged and fast. Best would be if we can find a device that does the job below well or around the $20 mark. I ordered that remote so will try it when it arrives.

more suggestions still welcome....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version