General > Users

HDMI-CEC control (RaspberryPi and PulseEight)

(1/2) > >>

phenigma:
I am happy to announce that initial HDMI-CEC control has been added to the Raspberry Pi.  It is now possible to control your rpi MD with your television's remote control.  A compatible television is required.  Control should also be possible from your TV remote if you have a PulseEight HDMI CEC adaptor connected to your non-rpi MD.

Current control is one way, work will continue to add external device control in the future.

Enjoy!

J.

Marie.O:
Do you plan on extending HDMI-CEC to allow the rpi to turn on/off the TV as well? and do input switching and stuff, ie. to use HDMI-CEC as a sort of GSD replacement?

phenigma:
That is the plan.  :)

RayBe:
hi phenigma,

This is a awesome addition to the wonderfull RaspberryPi based MD.
On my Panasonic plasma the d-pad, ok-button, the red/gre/yel/blu buttons and the seek buttons work.
On my Samsung LED, the above and play/pause/stop/seek of the mediacontrol-section on the remote also do work.
Will keep on testing :)
Thanks to phenigma and tschak!

br,
Raymond

phenigma:
Neat!  I have one tv that passes d-pad (but not ok or back) and passes play/ff/rew but also does other things with those buttons at the same time.  Weird.  My other cec tv is a panny and has the same results you describe.  Thanks for testing!  I hope to continue to extend the cec adaptor to add external device control.

J.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version