General > Users

Raspberry Pi as a MediaDirector

(1/4) > >>

phenigma:
Hey all!

Well, it's been over 2.5 years since I started down this journey of trying to support the rpi as a media director.  There have been trials and tribulations and breaks of many weeks between development commits.  I have pulled my hair out and re-grown it twice over already.    :o

I can say that now I am confident in the 'alpha' status of the rpi as a Media Director.  The wiki details the methods you need to follow to implement an rpi as a standard MD right now.  I am working hard to implement qorbiter based media directors and the rpi is the test bed for that, at the moment.

If you have a raspberry pi and want to get involved in testing then I'd love to hear your feedback in irc at #linuxmce or #linuxmce-dev.  Visit the wiki at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php?title=RaspberryPi to learn how to setup an rpi MD.

Media playback is working with an lmce OMX_Player device to control omxplayer.  The Photo Screen Saver is working.  Please realize that using the rpi as an MD is not the quickest.  Orbiter and Photo Screen Saver take all of the resources of the rpi and not much else is possible.  qOrbiter will open up many possibilities and is being worked on extensively.

Enjoy your LMCE experience and let me know what your experiences are, I'll try to help any way I can.

J.

purps:
This is really exciting. Looking forward to testing it.

Cheers,
Matt.

RayBe:
I have been testing the raspberrypi as MD for some time now and am loving every second of it.
Phenigma has been doing a awesome job.
imho the rPi has great potential with CEC, its GPIO pins and all the aditional boards one can get for it.
The Pi has been great so far, sometimes it has a hickup in that it doesn't close the playing vid, but all in all, awesome!
No noise what so ever very low power.
Phenigma, thanks so far!

br,
Raymond

phenigma:
Thanks for all the testing Raybe!

J.

G.I.R.:
Really Great News!!!

Thank You for developping and all the work!
Can't wait to try it and  replace the noisy zotac zbox with it.

But first i have to get a newer raspberry and switch to use the 12.04 installation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version