Author Topic: Aeon Labs Z-Wave Multisensor  (Read 8875 times)

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Aeon Labs Z-Wave Multisensor
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 06:24:56 am »
I finally removed the Aeon device completely from my home.

My observations:
- temperate is measured in F not C
- temperature values are far away from "reality" (x/1)
- luminance level is ok (x/2)
- motion detection is ok (x)
- humidity values shown in log, but not in lmce (x/3)
- device fires brightness level changes (1 lux!) too frequently what leads to unresponsive mesh network
- in battery mode it is nearly unusable
- use of usb power makes it more responsive

Thanks for the feedback Rebelkiller!..., I guess thats a nice way to say ... don't waist your time!! hahahahaah.
Are you using a better zwave sensor with at least movement, temp and luminance?  One you could recommend?

rebelkiller

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 01:14:37 pm »
I'm using two Fibaro Multisensors FGMS with no problems. The only thing that does not work is tamper detection. But i do not need this. The Fibaros are much smaller and look nice.

Greets

Bernd

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 06:57:39 pm »
I have a HomeSeer HSM-100 that works well. 

I also have a new Aeon Labs Gen5 MultiSensor 6 that I am unable to get motion detection events from, everything else appears to work, but I cannot send configuration values to it either for some reason.  I have no idea why at this point.

J.

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 03:02:29 pm »
Thanks Phenigma and Rebelkiller,

Ill get a pair of Fibaro Multisensors FGMS which are easy to get via amazon and start doing test.
Since I had nothing to loose, I tried to update the firmware of one of the aeon sensors.  It got killed!, it just blinks and that's it!.. So how to I remove it?.  Manually remove, do I have to do anything else on the controller?.  I kept the other sensor untouched as reference point and for torture purposes... There most be a way to make them speak to lmce!!!

Cheers,

T

rebelkiller

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 01:24:17 pm »
Fibaros:
The Fibaros need 1-3 attempts ("wake-up") do be fully configured and recognizes by lmce. So be patient.  ;)

Aeon:
You must exclude them from mesh network und do a (or two) router reload. Your Zwave-Stick still has all formerly included devices in its database und will try to bring them up. It will not be possibe to delete a device only by deleting the device in lmce. After next reboot you will get the device back (as new device with a new #id). so my solution:

- remove the working one by (first!) excluding it from mesh network and then remove the obsolete lmce devices in lmce-admin.
- dealing with the killed one you will have two options:
1. reset the whole mesh network by completely reset the controller und start adding all devices again. This will cost you hours, since you must reconfigure all of your scenarios, configuration entry and so on (depending on your config). OR
2. just disable the lmce-devices und ignore this dead device in the future. Then you should do a network heal afterwards just to give mesh network information alternative routes.

Greets
bernd

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 06:13:51 pm »
Hey everyone,

I've upgrade openzwave to 1.3.1224, this should end up hitting the repository very soon.  A lot more configuration files are available for many, many devices.  The new Aeon Labs Gen5 MultiSensor 6 works perfectly now.

When then upgrade comes through you can "rm /etc/openzwave/zwcfg*" and restart your ZWave device for any of your devices to be re-detected by openzwave with the new configuration files.  You should not have to adjust anything in your ZWave network or your LMCE device tree.

Happy LMCEing!

J.