Author Topic: adding a qorbiter messed up my rooms  (Read 3895 times)

mikeybs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
adding a qorbiter messed up my rooms
« on: August 22, 2014, 12:22:43 am »
I attempted to add my first qorbiter today and made quite a mess.  The first one I added was device 73. I thought perhaps the reason it wasn't looking good was something I did wrong in the setup, so I deleted it and created another which was device 77.  It was just as bad as the first.  The display on my android phone is not very nice at all.  Is there a better skin I should be using? 

I now have two rooms in my room list which correspond to my home theater room.  These rooms are listed as 73 and 77, not by the name "home theater" which is what used to be in my room list.  "home theater" is now gone.  That is the room I assigned both of my qorbiters to.  I am attaching screenshots both of my android phone and of a web orbiter to illustrate.

Also noticeable in the android screenshots is that all of the rooms have a "0" after their name, with the exception of closet/storage (which shouldn't even show up in the list at all because I checked the "Don't show room on orbiters" box, it doesn't show up on the web orbiter room list as can be seen in the screenshots)

If anyone can help me get things back to the way they used to be it would be much appreciated. 

I would very much like to use qorbiter, but the initial experience has not been good.  Navigating the room list is especially annoying because when I am trying to scroll up/down it winds up scrolling left/right.  It usually takes me a few touches at the screen to successfully get it to scroll up/down.  It would be nice if left/right scroll were not even possible in the room list....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:24:18 am by mikeybs »

mikeybs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: adding a qorbiter messed up my rooms
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:25:32 am »
last post has the android screen shots, this one has the web orbiter screen shots...

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:40:24 am »
2 notes:

1) What version of LinuxMCE are you on?

2) qOrbiter uses a totally different UI than the other orbiters.

mikeybs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 07:49:45 am »
I'm running an non-updated install of LMCE-1204-20140629142129165.iso

The main reason I included the web orbiter shots was to demonstrate that whatever setting up the qorbiter did to my room list was visibile on the web orbiters as well.  The admin web interface looks fine though.  There my list of rooms is exactly as it should be with no device numbers substituted in for the room names and no duplicate rooms....

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 10:46:39 am »
Now I get it. Those new rooms are not rooms, but entertainment areas. A qOrbiter acts as its own entertainment area, that can receive media.

mikeybs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 02:38:04 am »
deleting the EAs didn't work, they get automatically recreated after a router reload

my solution was to remove the qorbiter Room assignment.  that got the behavior I wanted.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 06:17:57 pm »
deleting the EAs didn't work, they get automatically recreated after a router reload

my solution was to remove the qorbiter Room assignment.  that got the behavior I wanted.

I'm sorry you had these issues. We are currently working to address the
-skins issue where the wrong ui is being assigned to the wrong form factor
-allowing users to change it if incorrect
- cleaner setup and integration into rooms. As Posde mentioned, it has its own ea because it can receive media, which has presented some unforseen issues.

I appreciate you taking the time to try it out.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 12:31:10 am »
mhm.  fyi, golgo I don't think I'm seeing this on the rpi qmd because the 'OnScreen qOrbiter' does not install the qMediaPlayer.  But I would have to check/test to be sure that is the case.

J.