Yesterday I did a fresh install of 12.04 snap 29195 (July 24):
- full DVD installation
- If there is no dhcp on the external lan then network configuration is not properly set by the installer. After first reboot you must wait a very long time to boot up. Fixed by setting external router to act as dhcp and complete reinstall, which is much faster than manually configure network settings. -> Asking the user during installation could make sense to avoid this.
- A/V Wizard comes up after second reboot (still no sound). At first reboot Sara comes up but with no video and no sound. Install wizard can be completed without seeing oder hearing her.
- VDR does not work from the start (I). Errors in VDR-log show connection refusals. Fixed by: streamdevhosts.conf/allowed_hosts.conf must be configured manually to 0.0.0.0.
=> version 1.7.22 is quite old -> is it possible to integrate more recent versions?
- VDR does not work from the start (II): /var/lib/video.00 does not exist -> created it manually + added "user=root" in /etc/default/vdr
- Installation is faster than 10.04; less minor problems during installation compared to 10.04. (e.g. setting screen resolution)
- Diskless MD creation (2x)
- ZWave setup