Author Topic: VOIP Providers  (Read 2367 times)

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
VOIP Providers
« on: July 11, 2014, 02:39:52 am »
I'm ready to dump Verizon and port my landline number over to a VOIP provider. My current thought is to connect my POTS phones to my ObiHai 202 and also use LMCE. I use my ObiHai with POTS lines and my Google Voice number.

#1 Does anyone have a recommendation on a provider? We are US based (east coast). We need E911 service and we do not make many phone calls. Reliability is more important than cost and considering what we are paying for Verizon, I can't see cost being an issue.

#2 Is there a way to use my POTS phones with LMCE through the ObiHai or some other option. It seems that I would be missing out on the features of Asterisk if I'm using the ObiHai. It's not like I need access to much of Asterisk's options, but it would be nice to have the options.

Thank you,
B34N

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: VOIP Providers
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:44:01 am »
#2 Is there a way to use my POTS phones with LMCE through the ObiHai or some other option. It seems that I would be missing out on the features of Asterisk if I'm using the ObiHai. It's not like I need access to much of Asterisk's options, but it would be nice to have the options.

I don't know the ObiHai specifically, but people had success with other ATAs to connect them not to their providers systems, but to the Asterisk system. Advantage: Perfect integration into LinuxMCE. Disadvantage: If LinuxMCE or Asterisk has a problem, no calling over your VoIP provider.