Author Topic: LinuxMCE 1004, Installation Issues, No Internet, AVWizard Failed  (Read 2245 times)

cjrowell

• First post!
    • View Profile
Using PowerEdge 6650 as core, using single NIC

I have a domain controller as a gateway (PE1850)

I have tried the DVD install and Internet install, both arrive at the same place.

After first reboot I have no network connection and AV Wizard fails to run(AVWizard, Failed to setup X). when i try to ping google.com, host is unknown. I am unable to ping the core from other computers.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: LinuxMCE 1004, Installation Issues, No Internet, AVWizard Failed
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:45:37 am »
Do yourself a big favor and use a different machine.

The NIC is probably not supported out of the box in Lucid and the graphics adapter as well. To top it of, that thing sounds like a power-usage monster. You'd be much better (and cheaper in the medium run) off with any kind of i3-i5 PC that's 4-5 years old.

If you DO want to use the machine, check where you can get network drivers for your NIC, and install then during the main installation step. During install I would add extra supported graphics adapter, like an older PCI nvidia card into the mic.You will probably not run the system as a hybrid, but as core only so the graphics card is only needed during initial install.

But again: Save yourself grief, stress and money, and get a different box, as bad as that might sound. Sometimes throwing away a perfectly working machine like that is the better option.