Author Topic: New Fibaro Zwave multisensor FGMS-001  (Read 7177 times)

rebelkiller

• Veteran
    • View Profile
New Fibaro Zwave multisensor FGMS-001
« on: June 04, 2014, 09:29:02 am »
Hello!

I'm using Z-wave for home automation. Recently I bought the new Fibaro multisensor FGMS-001.  It detects temperature, motion and light intensity.

I included it into the zwave network. LMCE recognizes it as a "motion detector" under the "Zwave embedded security interface" in the devices tree.

Now I am facing two problems:

1. how do I add the other sensors (light and temperature) in the linuxmce-website to work properly? I already tried to add an additional sensor manually but with no luck (the device settings page is empty, i.e. no node id, no capabilities)

2. how do I use the sensors in general?
I am a bit confused with the handling. On the one hand there is the event handler ("respond to events"). On the other hand there are those zwave associations. To make it clear:
When the motion detector is triggered a light should be switched on. --> how do I do that? (event handler or zwave associations or both?).
I already tried the event handler (advanced), but this does not work.

Thanks for your help!

Greets!

bernd

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: New Fibaro Zwave multisensor FGMS-001
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 12:56:31 pm »
What version of LinuxMCE are you running?
If you are using 1204 there is a very helpful page available on the webadmin for viewing and diagnosing problems with the Zwave setup, see http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Advanced_ZWave

I'm guessing the others sensors of the multi-sensor don't show up under Zwave Embedded Climate Interface section in your devices tree?

-Coley.

rebelkiller

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 11:06:35 am »
I'm using 10.04. (The 12.04 Zwave page is the most important reason for me to consider upgrading, but atm I don't want to make things more complicated).
Yes, you are right. The only sensor listed is the motion detector under the Zwave Embedded Security Interface. The other sensors I added manually.

There are no records in the Zwave-logs regarding the motion sensor. Logs from the other devices do not exist. I don't know where to start troubleshooting. At least the motion detector part should work...

Any hints?

BG

rebelkiller

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 11:50:05 am »
I've got it working partially. Here is what I did and what I observed:

1. The Fibaro is recognized as an Generic Sensor. After it has been woken up the capabilities field gets filled. Manually I added the battery level field. It gets also filled.
2. It has three association groups. Associating the main controller to the second group results in working tamper detection.
3. Temperature, light and tamper alerts are only transferred to Linuxmce when in direct connection the main controller ( max 3-5 metres). I solved it for the motion alerts by setting an association to the desired switch in my case.

Unsolved:
1. Temperature, brightness level, tamper alerts can be seen in the Zwave.log (when in direct connection to the usb-stick/main controller. How can I use them in Linuxmce? I tried several device templates, with and without node instances (e.g. 2 or 2/1) but with no luck.
2. How can I use the other alerts without direct connection to the main contrroller? Are there  e.g. suitable repeaters available?

Thanks for your hints!

Bernd

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 05:28:11 pm »
I went to check mine on 12.04 but one seems to have disappeared from the devices list.
I hadn't set anything up to react to events.
I'll try and investigate

-Coley.

rebelkiller

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 09:47:33 am »
@coley:
did you find out something interesting?  :)

rebelkiller

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 04:28:21 pm »
In the mean time I got two hints:

1. In general battery powered devices (the Fibaro especially) should be included at the same place where they later will be used. -> To fix this: exclude and re-include at the distant place.

2. In the manual I found the default settings for temperature, brightness level and tamper detection reports. They are all turned off! I will try to turn them on and lets see what happens.

When it is working I will put this into the wiki.

Greets

bernd