Earlier when I played DVD's "top" showed that system used xine as the player.
When I play BD's "top" showed that the system used mplayer as the player.
In webadmin I changed all Media Directors>Hardware acceleration from "vdpau" to vaapi.
My Deinterlace Quality is still set to "vdpau" there is no vaapi option (if there is a need to be?). Should this be changed to something else?
My Video Card is set to "GeForce or TNT2".
So, after changing Hardware acceleration to vaapi I I did my regular test DVD and Xine_Player is running @ 30 to 35% CPU on the Core.
I then tested my .m2ts unencryted BD file on the Core.
Video was smooth, no interpolation during test scene, but monitor will have to be adjusted because black levels are way to dark (monitor/tv issue). @ about 2 minutes? I lost audio, which came back, but only after video freezing, then video motion, no audio, repeat, repeat, on Core.
Core mplayer is running @ 85-90 % CPU.
When I "F1" to "OFF" i am just black squares on the menu. However, the buttons still work when selected. There is some weird stuff there but I think it has to do with the nouveau drivers. The Core has flashing screens when in a subcategory (e.g. Power Off).
On the MD...
I ran the test DVD and for some reason I couldn't login in to a terminal (kept rejecting password).
I ssh'd on the Core and xine was 95+ on "top".
I tried a BD and had no audio, very jerky video, I didn't even attempt CPU%.
I just stopped the MD.
Now my Core was still messed up with the menu buttons showing frozen snippits of photos (instead of being black) while the background cycled.
If there are any other test suggestions please provide.