Author Topic: Weird audio/video pipes / rs232 behaviour  (Read 1693 times)

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
Weird audio/video pipes / rs232 behaviour
« on: March 20, 2014, 09:24:12 am »
I have a LG TV that is connected to my hybrid via rs232. My amp is also connected to the hybrid, both via a dual rs232 usb adapter.

My Amp was detected immediately and added properly and is functioning as expected. The LG was not detected initially (due to upper/lowercase in the detection script) and I managed to adapt it so that that also get detected. Now the weird stuff ;-).

When I plug in the adapter it finds my TV, asks me how it is connected (I specify the port and that it is connected via the amp and on which port and the n the amp) and then it does a restart. Then it mentions again that it found the device and goes to the steps again. There are no pipes made by lmce. I talked to tschalk and he said just add them manually which I did. Then it worked. However this morning the pipes where gone again (had a few reloads because I added an orbiter). So I wanted to add them via Wizard | A/V Equipment but when I press 'Edit Audio/Video Pipes' and then with 'Connected to Media Director' select 'The core/hybrid' I get no ports I can select. I removed the device and replugged the serial usb adapter. The tv got found twice again but still no pipes. So I decided to try the Connection Wizard where I can nicely draw the line to the device but after updating it does not appear in the list in 'Wizard | A/V Equipment'

wtf is going on???

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Weird audio/video pipes / rs232 behaviour
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:37:25 am »
Because I want to add a zone2 to my amp I removed the device. Lmce found it again, asked for the connections and these also do not show as pipes in the 'Wizard | A/V Equipment' list but do show on the 'A/V equipment connection wizard'