Author Topic: Underfloor Heating via Z-wave ?  (Read 2499 times)

mariantudor

• View Profile
Underfloor Heating via Z-wave ?
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:19:32 pm »
Hello,

Does anybody know how if is possible to control an underfloor heating by using a z- wave  network. Is about a house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and one livingroom (aprox. 100 sqm) . I was thinking to use as temperature sensor (DS18B20 ) for each room, Z-Wave Universal Binary Sensor to "send" the inputs of the temp. sensors to the controller (Core-Linux MCE). On the controller will give the signal on/off to an electro-valves (using Danfoss Living Connect).
    Please let me know if this is a good solution or if you know one better...

Thank you in advance .

binladin

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: Underfloor Heating via Z-wave ?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:45:41 am »
Hello,

Does anybody know how if is possible to control an underfloor heating by using a z- wave  network. Is about a house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and one livingroom (aprox. 100 sqm) . I was thinking to use as temperature sensor (DS18B20 ) for each room, Z-Wave Universal Binary Sensor to "send" the inputs of the temp. sensors to the controller (Core-Linux MCE). On the controller will give the signal on/off to an electro-valves (using Danfoss Living Connect).
    Please let me know if this is a good solution or if you know one better...

Thank you in advance .
You want to control electrical or waterheating floors?
For the first - Z-Wave.Me Floor Thermostat (modification of Devilink FT).
For the second - see here. For example - Secure SCP318 set, or thermostats Secure SCS317, SRT321, STP328, or RTCOA CT100, and relays - Secure SSR303, SRT303, SSR302, or Horstmann SSR303, or Thermoplus ASR2-RF; Or search this database Zwave Device Library.