Author Topic: Pandora - Through SqueezeSlave or other method?  (Read 2554 times)

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
Pandora - Through SqueezeSlave or other method?
« on: January 21, 2014, 03:07:21 am »
Has anyone been able to get Pandora running on LMCE through anything other than a web browser? I had hoped that after installing SqueezeSlave that I'd be able to access Pandora through that....but either I don't know how or it can't currently be done. I'm on 12.04

Are there any other commercial free pandora like services that I can get working with LMCE and ideally a qOrbiter?

Thank you,
B34N

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:14:43 am »
I had started code to build a Pandora player and plugin based on the PianoBar source code, but other priorities got pushed up. It needs to be coded, either by me, or by someone else... -Thom

Sent from my alien_jolla_bionic using Tapatalk

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Pandora - Through SqueezeSlave or other method?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:07:28 pm »
You can do what we do- use LMCE to host the Squeezebox server, but then use the free Logitech Squeezebox app to control the audio for the 3rd party plugins.  I haven't tried Pandora, but Sirius XM works great.  Big kicker is LMCE doesn't know something anything is playing on the devices, so this is a band-aid and not an integrated solution.

Biggest problem we had was Sirius was coming in as WMA (iirc) and if you look online there are a whole lot of steps to getting it to work- or there used to be.  Turns out there's now a 3rd party WMA plugin available through Squeezebox that fixes all of this.  I don't remember the steps off hand- if you log into the server on port 9000 there is a way to show the available 3rd party plugins and in that list will be WMA.  Again, can't remember if that was the format or if you'd even have a problem using Pandora.