Author Topic: [Solved] MythTV - mythfilldatabase  (Read 6271 times)

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
[Solved] MythTV - mythfilldatabase
« on: January 13, 2014, 01:49:20 am »
I realized that the mythfilldatabase that runs upon exiting Myth Setup is not grabbing any content that starts after midnight of that day. Is there something in the call that specifies only grab until midnight? Also, isn't there anything that runs on a regular (nightly) basis that will update the program guide? IMHO it would ideally grab the next two weeks of listings just like in my standard MythTV setup. Am I missing something that I need to configure?

I did:
sudo su - mythtv
$ mythfilldatabase
and it ran fine but didn't add anything to the program guide.

B34N
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:29:31 pm by B34N »

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV - mythfilldatabase
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 04:10:52 am »
1204 is not at release.

Please just make tickets with as much information as possible with problems you find. A new thread is less helpful. I understand you need this for HDHR prime, but... you are working on experimental software. These sort of threads are not what the devs are looking for, and make experimental software look like release software where things expected to be broken look like things that should be working.

svn.linuxmce.org is where alpha/beta issues belong.
I never quit... I just ping out.

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 04:34:57 am »
1204 is not at release.

Please just make tickets with as much information as possible with problems you find. A new thread is less helpful. I understand you need this for HDHR prime, but... you are working on experimental software. These sort of threads are not what the devs are looking for, and make experimental software look like release software where things expected to be broken look like things that should be working.

svn.linuxmce.org is where alpha/beta issues belong.

Great to know....is there a guide or a How to for creating tickets? I've never done it before.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 04:53:26 am »
Just hit the link... select "new ticket"
Give a descriptive title... and post whatever detail you can determine based on your experience, and any logs you can find specific information from. My myth in 1204 fills... but, I only experiment, so that info might not persist more than 24 hrs.
I never quit... I just ping out.

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 01:59:33 pm »
Just hit the link... select "new ticket"

That was easy. I created my first ticket http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac/ticket/2048

Should I create tickets for "problems" that I find but get resolved in the chat room...such as the Nvidea driver not loading?

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 03:20:40 am »
Still trying to figure this out. I'm guessing it's a very simple problem with how mythfilldatabase is run. I tried running it from the command line as mythtv and it looks like it is working but no change.
http://pastebin.com/TnEW7gDD

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 03:42:12 pm »
let's set aside some time to remote in, so I can see what's going on. I no longer use MythTV in LinuxMCE, so would need to look at an actual installation, to see what's going on.

We have a number of scripts in MythTV_Plugin which handle guide refresh, but I am not sure where they are being called anymore, greps aren't being forthcoming:

/usr/pluto/bin/MythTvDailyFillDB.sh
/usr/pluto/bin/MythTvInitialFillDB.sh

-Thom

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 04:45:44 pm »
We have a number of scripts in MythTV_Plugin which handle guide refresh, but I am not sure where they are being called anymore, greps aren't being forthcoming:

/usr/pluto/bin/MythTvDailyFillDB.sh
/usr/pluto/bin/MythTvInitialFillDB.sh

Thom,

Thank you for helping to resolve this issue. 

For those who are looking to solve the same problem:
MythTvInitialFillDB.sh is set to only grab one day of program guide data. This is a good thing since mythfilldatabase can take a long time to complete especially if you have not pared down your list of channels in schedules direct.

I created a file in /etc/cron.daily/ with:
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
 /usr/pluto/bin/MythTvDailyFillDB.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
and did "chmod +x" to the file.